Notices

Im new here...

Old 02-23-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Welcome Redrosie! Like others have said, the not drinking part is easy. It is the staying stopped while the whispers in my head are telling me to drink ... that is what was difficult for me. I hate those whispers because they seem to come in my own soothing voice. Sounds like I am telling myself this sweet little bedtime story but once I am under its spell, that is when the lies start of why it is ok to drink and so on.

I think the most comforting thing for me was to finally hear and know that there were so many people like me out there. Whether I found those people in meetings or online, I no longer felt alone or ashamed of my own little secret of sitting home alone drinking myself to oblivion. I felt like I could open up a bit and talk about what I was doing and how I was starting to question my own behavior. What a relief that was for me.

Hope to see you coming back and posting more.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ok! 22:25 = Bed time! I guess thats Day 1 finished with then. Thanks for all the information and kind words today everyone. And wish me luck for tomorrow...
I actually feel kinda strange, empty. Think its going to be hard to get to sleep tonight, lot of stuff swirling around my brain today.

Speak soon, and thanks again.
x
Old 02-23-2013, 01:55 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi redrosie, im in exactly the same situation, also coming to the end of day one, and have the feeling im gona have one of those horrible sleepless nights. Well done on today and good luck for the future.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day one Rosie - welcome to SR

D
Old 02-24-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Super pleased! End of day two!!! Everyone else was drinking at dinner, but I had lemonade (in a wine glass, just can't let that stem go...) Strange dreams last night, but I managed to get to sleep so its all good. Fingers crossed for the rest of the week!

xxx