Notices

Can I really beat this and be normal?

Old 02-22-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Can I really beat this and be normal?

I'm not really sure how this works, I know you are supposed to be clean, but I am not. Currently trying though. Was addicted to basically any pain pill including H if needed. I have been clean a couple times before, but always seem to slip back. Got myself weened down to 2 Tramadols (50mg each), they have helped a ton but I know they are just another addiction. I hate myself for being so easily controlled by this, and for being so depressed without! I have an amazing little girl and a wonderful husband, all in all a good life. I finally told my husband of my addiction, he's been down this road with me before, but I'm sure he is over it. He is not an addict and as much as he tries to support me he doesn't understand why it is so hard to quit and stay that way. Wish it was that easy... Well, since it's not I'm just looking for people who understand to talk to, hope it will help me stick with the plan. Thanks for listening.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Look in the secular section at the AVRT threads. It might be what you are looking for.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're glad to have you join us, Sophi.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

The Secular Connections Forum has a lot of information and can give you feedback on how to "stick with the plan". In AVRT, it's called The Big Plan - "I will never use again." Since people have been getting hooked on drugs, some of them have also been deciding to make the plan and make it stick for good. It's been happening for thousands of years. By the way AVRT stands for Addictive Voice Recognition Technique.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Sophi

This place is for anyone who weants to be clean - you don;t have to be clean before you post here

It's an amazing place of support. You'll find a lot of ideas

Welcome

D
Old 02-22-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have you talked with a medical professional?
Old 02-22-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sophi View Post
I'm not really sure how this works, I know you are supposed to be clean, but I am not. Currently trying though. Was addicted to basically any pain pill including H if needed. I have been clean a couple times before, but always seem to slip back. Got myself weened down to 2 Tramadols (50mg each), they have helped a ton but I know they are just another addiction. I hate myself for being so easily controlled by this, and for being so depressed without! I have an amazing little girl and a wonderful husband, all in all a good life. I finally told my husband of my addiction, he's been down this road with me before, but I'm sure he is over it. He is not an addict and as much as he tries to support me he doesn't understand why it is so hard to quit and stay that way. Wish it was that easy... Well, since it's not I'm just looking for people who understand to talk to, hope it will help me stick with the plan. Thanks for listening.
Just sent you an E-mail. Good luck n welcome to SR. There's a lot of support n help here n ppl really are caring. You can do this.
Evey
Old 02-22-2013, 02:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You just found a boat load of people who understand to talk to here. When I first joined here, I gained strength from everyone's understanding and experience. And it really made the difference. I wish the same for you.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks. I've been addicted to reading threads for last couple days, feel like it could be the one place I'm comfortable in right now. Honestly, feel uncomfortable in my own skin. I've quit before, but don't think I ever really felt like it would be the last time, because this time is so mentally different. I've always told myself that if I got clean it would be ok to "dabble" knowing that is not possible, and this time I'm accepting that it really has to be the last. I so badly want to enjoy the good life I know I have.