Notices

In need of support.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~Tank

In need of support.

Hi I'm Tank I'm in need of support and hopefully make a few friends too. I've been on and off pills since I was 14. I've detoxed 4 times fully. I'm on norcos mostly and I got back on them a year ago. I'm getting clean again and I'm looking for support most of my friends are either on them or have no idea what it's like to go through the pain of dting. So I Cam here to just talk to people and share my story.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome to SR Tank

You'll find a lot of support and friendship here

D
Old 02-22-2013, 12:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~Tank

Thanks Dee I'm hoping so I'm in need of it badly right now.
~Tank
Old 02-22-2013, 01:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~Tank

Here's my story I guess: I've been off again on again pills since I was 14 my bf back then introduced me to vicoden. I fell in love with it. I progressed into morphine and norcos. Norcos is my favorite I guess you would say. It was never a bad addiction until started to snort them. That's when things went down hill. after a years of abuse decided to get clean which I amazingly didn't detox from. Then I got pregnant and had my beautiful baby girl at 19. I was clean off everything the whole time. But after I gave birth the doctor have me vics so to not my surprise I got back on them. I don't take them only because I wanted to get high but I've been roofing since I was 8 years old with my dad so my back is in pain wiether I'm on them or not it just makes the pain less. But any who a year later I decided I couldn't afford the street prices anymore and I found out what detoxing was...I lasted a week. Got right back on them. Year later I did it again for my kid I was 21. now year after that I dating a guy who took them so I started taking them here or there no biggy right? Wrong back to addiction after a year clean. needless to say I'm very disappointed in myself. Now a year after that I wanna get clean my life is in pieces cus I started again but this time I had taking methadone and perckasets not comstantly but when i cant find any norcos. so I'm scared the detox maybe worse. But I have to quite this time. I've been dumped got a dui and felony possession and to top it all of I crashed my car on v day..I just need people to talk to when I detox that know what I'm going through.xTankGirlx
Old 02-22-2013, 12:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Tankgirl Thank you for sharing your story. Have you ever had professional help to get clean yet or been to an NA meeting? x
Old 02-22-2013, 10:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
~Tank

No I've never been big into going to places for help. Makes me feel I'm doing it for them instead of myself. If I do it at home I feel like I'm doing it for myself and I'm in control. Plus I get home sick very easy and I'm a single mom so going away for awhile is out if the question. Also na makes me uncomfortable because of I don't follow the religion they preach.
~ Tank
Old 02-23-2013, 12:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR we are here for you x
Old 02-23-2013, 01:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~Tank

Thanks it's much appreciated.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome...! you will get a lot of support and help here
Old 02-23-2013, 01:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~Tank

Glad I found this place. So how is everyone doing?
Old 02-23-2013, 02:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

pretty good Tank - my days about done - hope yours is a good one

D
Old 02-23-2013, 02:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~Tank

Lol it's almost 3 am I'm hoeing to fall sleep soon but Being on opiates makes it hard to sleep most nights can't wait to be done with this! Glad your good.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welome and glad I'm back as well.......those dirty little pills will get you every time....thanks for sharing your story, it sounds very familiar. I hope you can find it in your heart to go to an NA meeting, they are all like us......I am praying for you....Blessings

Kahlia
Old 02-23-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
~Tank

Having lol.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Hey Tank, you can do it and you'll feel so proud of yourself when you do. What are your main motivations for getting clean? There's your daughter of course, and what else?

My DIL was a single mother in your situation but she has now been clean for over 2 years, is married to my son and adored by the whole family. I've learnt a lot from her.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
~Tank

I don't feel comfortable with na I don't follow that religion but I accept your prayers thanks.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
~Tank

My main reason besides my daughter is I'm not happy. My main belief in life is to be happy if I'm not then u wanna change whatever it is that's making me sad. my other reason is I'm afraid if turning into my mother who has been an addict all my life. So that scares me and lastly I like like how my body is wasting away in to skinny it scares me and a lot if people worry because I'm under weight. I wanna be healthy.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Del

Good for you and you will get healthy staying clean..for you and your daughter,I also have a little girl and I adore her,as you do yours
Have a look at AVRT and smart recovery......it's not emphasising on religion and think you might find some interesting feedback from it
Good luck
Old 02-23-2013, 03:17 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
~Tank

Cool thanks del I will
Old 02-23-2013, 03:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
~Tank

Lol sorry on my phone. don't like*