Notices

I give up

Old 02-22-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi RQ, very happy that you have support with you, and got through the night ok. For what it's worth, I read FeelingGreat's post not as suggesting that you fade away, but rather wondering if something specific happened that members might be able to give you advise on, and then offering support if you chose recovery. Again, am very happy that you chose recovery and to stay here--take care, rick
Old 02-22-2013, 01:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hey RQ
Please stay with us!!!!
Please reach out when you need to...
Please don't isolate when you are frustrated... A lot of us get frustrated too...everyday!!!
One day I may need you too :-)
We are here...please stay with us!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 02:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Learning to LIve

Hey Rocket the Aussie night crew on SR chat have always got your back.

Just remember modems and coffee don't mix

And had you just "faded away" last night who the heck would I vent to about you know what ?

Cheers

Jodie
Old 02-22-2013, 03:15 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Not my real name.

Good job RQ, I faded away for a few weeks while I climbed into a bottle. Now I'm on day 3 again. Glad you made it through the day.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:31 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I so remember the roller coaster of emotions RQ. You did exactly what you were suppose to do and that was come to SR before anything happened that you would regret. Post anytime you have that "The heck with it attitude" because it will work. It did for me.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi RQ. I'm so glad you're still around. We're proud of you for staying the course and not caving. Keep reaching out - we all understand how it feels in the early days.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thats my girl, keep it up RQ am glad that you are still here. There are alot of people who will be chatting with you and make your night bearable. Keep checking
Old 02-22-2013, 07:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

....I read FeelingGreat's post not as suggesting that you fade away, ....
interesting how differently the posted words can come across.
i read it not only as not suggesting you fade away but as kudos for posting when you could have so easily not. i read it as showing there's a "i do care" voice in you amongst the "i don't care anymore" noise.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
DAB

One day at a time. Way to live that quote. I'm so happy for you. Your choice to talk to someone and get through the rough patches gives me encouragement and helps keep me sober. Thank you!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I've been sober for around five months, and while it has gotten easier once and awhile something blindsides me from out of the blue that really tests my resolve. So far I haven't caved, and hopefully I never do. I know what's down that road and I don't like it, I wanna try a road less traveled (by me, at least!).

Glad you're stickin' it out! It may not be easy but I think it's gonna be worth it.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:59 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Rocket, whew!

I read your opening post and was like OH NO!!!!!

because of course I don't want you to give up and lose yourself, but selfishly, WE NEED YOU HERE!

Your honest sharing is helping people find themselves and build sober lives. Helping all the people who's post you see and the countless others who lurk, most of whom have not even joined SR. The faceless, nameless, afraid to hope people who need to read honesty from people in every stage of recovery.

I am so happy that you found the help and love of people here to get you through and remind you that you are part of this community, not some pity case or "red headed step child" but a full fledged loved and needed member of SR, who's contributions help not only yourself, but all of us.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RocketQueen View Post
Of course I was having a tantrum. Thank you for stating the obvious. I'm not quite sure what your point is. Are you suggesting that I was just looking for attention? True, I could have just left and no one would have been the wiser, but last I checked, this was a forum for support. Clearly, I need support and not someone telling me to just "fade away" and no one would have even noticed. I mean, REALLY? I have literally no one around me who even knows that I'm in recovery, and if I want to vent and post my intentions wishing everyone well, who are you to suggest that my actions were questionable? Secondly, I never asked anyone to do anything for me, so goodness knows where that came from.

As it would happen, I got a lot of support from various people, and have been chatting to one particular person for the last few hours who managed to calm me down and got me through yet another night. If I had just "faded away" I guarantee you that tonight would not have ended as well as it did. So, in that sense, whatever you assumed my intentions were, this post got me over a hurdle and I don't regret it for one second.
I'm glad you never faded away n stayed away from the drink. You did the right thing in asking for support.

My Dad is a functioning alcoholic n my mam has had enough of it n tbh he's been for as far back as I remember.

We are here for you n want to see you succeed n ppl will have down days n that's when they need to reach out for support. I'm sorry that you don't have any support in real life but glad that someone has been talking to you in PM. You could have had a drink but you found another way instead - talking on here. Well done.

As Dee has done by showing you an old post - maybe when you are feeling like giving up you could look back over your posts n over the withdrawal period n reassure yourself that you never want to go back there.

Please keep posting. We are here for you n you can do this. Accept that you will not always have good days n make a plan for when you have a bad day.

Evey xxxx
Old 02-23-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Rocket, glad you caught yourself. Welcome back, these people are awesome, welcoming and forgiving. To quickly turn my comment about me ;-) I didn't catch myself, wouldn't allow myself to be caught, but I posted on here during my slide and received nothing but positive comments. I've never been to a meeting but I can't imagine anything being more supportive than this site. Because of the complete anomity of it, even the basic human judgement is left to pass and all we can do is relate to one anothers problems and stories. I am not currently sober, but the encouragement and advice I've received on here has me working back that way. I feel your frustratement and hated at sobriety. I love getting drunk, I love getting high.....love it...seriously....love it....love it,.loooove it. But I am not successful in life at all while doing it, unfortunately. Sadly most of my body decided I'm in this life for the long haul so for the sake of my mind, I guess I have to listen to what these people have to say. I hope you do too, good luck to both of us.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Good advice Feeling Good. And way to go, God! Hang in there RQ, it can get better.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:30 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

The amount of support on this site is astounding, isn't it? That's why I can't stay away...so much love and understanding.

Glad you stuck it out, RQ.

Welcome back into the fold...
Old 02-23-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Rocket Im glad you made it through. Keep on keepin on.

It helps me to remember what others think of me is none of my business