Notices

Help?!!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help?!!

I am currently taking subutex .5 mg per day to wean off of morphine, and luckily have not relapsed on that, but, I have been drinking about 5-6 drinks of wine/vodka per day (drinks measured as normal- one shot, 8 oz wine, etc). I have had a history of drinking for years without withdrawal, but now, after drinking this much every day for about 3 months, I am having wd each day. I want to stop drinking already!!!! But the anxiety is killing me!! I don't have medical insurance so seeing a dr is out of the question. Please help.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi MZLM

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding-Scale Clinics
The 10377 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
2-1-1 Call Center Search

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
D
Old 02-21-2013, 09:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome MZLM!

I was really surprised when I stopped drinking to find that my anxiety actually got a lot better (my depression, too). I'm sorry you're having to deal with pain while you're trying to make these changes - I'm sure that makes it harder. Have you talked to a pain management doc?

I'm glad you've joined us - this is a great place for inspiration and support!