Notices

Reaching out

Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Reaching out

Hi My name is Tammy and I'm a grateful recovering Alcoholic. It's been a LONG time since I was at a real meeting, and since I'll turn 20 tomorrow, I've been remembering.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Contracts on recovery and Happy Birthday!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello Tamaray, welcome to SR!
I feel face to face meetings are essential in my recovery. But, there are meetings here in the chatroom twice a week tuesday and friday nights 9pm EST. I am glad you found us!!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I do miss meetings, but my life has changed so much. We move a lot due to military lifestyle, and we have added kids and puppies to our brood. Seemed meetings lost their priority in our life, over the years...although recovery and a spiritual life are at the core, I do miss the face to face meetings.
I am grateful. Maybe I should look up a local meeting. Hard to know what to do with my 5yr old since I homeschool him and don't use daycare. We have no family around, and I am reluctant to hire sitters for things.
Which kinda brings me to the reason I looked up this forum in the first place. ...
My needy boy and I are at odds. I have been so angry lately and emotional. Sometimes I just want to escape...to run to something that will numb the extreme rage that I feel. I keep some pain meds (like a good addict does) for just in case. lol I find I think about visiting them to "chill". So far, so good, but I am absolutely blown away that I am still that close to a drink/drug. After all this time. I'm just like one of the stories in the Big Book. i see how close we all are. So...
I've dusted off the old book and have been remembering how to work the 10th step and the 11th step. this has been a little too close to a brush with relapse. My hubby has 4 more years sober than I and he may think he's immune to relapse. So, I'll be around absorbing some experience strength and hope from you all. God bless and thanks for letting me share.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Tammy!!

There are great supportive folks here!! Read lots and post often and the generosity of the people here will astound you!!

Though i don't have any magic words of wisdom for you today, I am glad you found us!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks

I will! I am excited to have found an active forum. Blessings!!
Old 02-21-2013, 12:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Tammy

D