Notices

Sober 5weeks today

Old 02-21-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober 5weeks today

Well got back from docs today,with good news,mainly for my partner and famliy.
Does it get easyer, becasues mix the thinking of drink with life stess its hard hope who
Of you out there who are sticking to being sober wel done,to those who are trying hav hope posted my 1st threed today and more when i can get on,trying to keep bizzy not long out of hospital which saved my life in there 4 a month if i did't go i would be dead in 6months im only 34 and i cant go bak,its like greving loseing the booze
Old 02-21-2013, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Grats on 5 weeks sober and welcome to SR. I don't know if everyone agrees but I found it so empowering to deal with stress and negative situations sober. It was not fun at all. But looking back, I can see that each time it was making me stronger and stronger. I used to think I had to get rid of unpleasant feelings immediately (by drinking) but now i realize its ok and actually beneficial to just sit with them and let them do their thing. So keep at it.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dealing with stress

Thanks again friend,i do feel im a lot better,dealing with stress and whan a big bit of stress coms,and iv had a lot the last 5 weeks,let alone my life,and when u dont go to the beer shop and you wake up the next day, you no that the man behind u with that gun pointing at your head saying" go to that 24 hour shop and i give u 3 months because u no that when you hit it u wont stop".
Old 02-21-2013, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Congratulations on your 5 weeks sober. The first month is definately the toughest one. The only advice I can give you is to take things slow. Don't try to rush back into life as soon as you can. Focus on your recovery for the time being and the rest of life will just slip into place when it has too.

Regarding any feelings of drinking. Sit down for 5 minutes with a glass of water and play back the consequences of your drinking in your head. I find that normally helps to level me out. Are you using any support methods of programs to help keep you sober.

Natom.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 5 weeks sober!! I'm on day 2 and can't even imagine getting to day 3 at the moment... in fact Im at my time of day where my cravings are at their worst. You've done 5 weeks and that is absolutely amazing! Keep going keep going - wack those cravings back with a huge boxing glove and fight fight fight! You've done so well!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for good advice Natcom,u talk since, and plonker keep in there mate fight ur at a hard point.this site s.r is really helping and today was my 1st thread and its a bit addictive dont need any more lol.Its hard when uyour doctor says u cant have a drink again at my age,she did say in 20 years u can have a glass of bubbly,oO well got to get bizzy living and not get bizzy dying have hope i keep tellng my self,and the big twist is my partner of 18 years is a alcolic.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are on this site Dagger! I found this site really helpful for my sobriety. I too, cannot drink again because of medical reasons. It is still hard. I am learning how to deal with my stress level; I'm in therapy, I do a lot of reading about recovery, and I try to keep myself busy. My boyfriend is also an alcoholic and we are not living together so that does make it easier. I look forward to reading your posts!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello there to u all,and thanks sobercloverstick with it,im finding it hard,and i no still a long way to go,i try keep bizzy but not long out of hospital so cant go far,some times i fill strang not drinking,i mean 95% of UK drink and im one of them that dont drink,i used to think they were strange but were not i hav been round poeple drinki g thats not easy and the next person to say ur doing wel i slap lol( i would't)but thats how i fill im writing me book called Geting dry by dagger ,that helps iv got a long way to go with it and already its a life times worth