Notices

Newcomer All Over Again

Old 02-21-2013, 08:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Newcomer All Over Again

Hi fellow recovering folks. I had 5 1/2 years sober, relapsed in late 2009 and am starting over. I've been coming in and out(few meetings here and there since then), but more out than in. I have horrible blackouts and can drink for days at a time..unscrupulous amounts. My life was amazing when I was sober. I have flashbacks of it all the time. I struggle with bi-polar disorder and I decided to join the forum because after years of coming in and out, it's hard to gain trust in the town I live in. I would like tobuild a whole army this time, just not at meetings. Just hit the 24 hr mark and am cloudy but looking forward to meeting with others like me. I'm pretty fuzzy and scared but I know this will pass.. panic attacks are bad..even with my anti-anxiety meds. Just hangin on!:
Old 02-21-2013, 08:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. And congrats on your decision to get sober again. You already know how amazing your life can be sober so that's a great motivation! This place is great for support and experience.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back great job on the first 24. lets make it 48!
Old 02-21-2013, 10:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How did you stay sober for 5 1/2 years? Why did you quit what you were doing?

All the best.

Bob R
Old 02-21-2013, 10:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hello Faith!

We can give you a hand if you post here often.

The action of anti-anxiety meds is influenced by your addiction. As your head clears, you may find the anti-anxiety meds are more potent--and so they might even become an addiction.

I am a little over three months clean, and for the first time ever I can feel how my psychiatric medications affect my illness. With a doctor's assistance, I have adjusted my dosages--for what I take, they are very low doses.

I would say "good Luck," but I have found that mostly what it takes is patience and directing one's efforts in the direction of clean living. Go for it!