Notices

facebook or here?

Old 02-21-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Sorry, I take back what I said about either is acceptable - Sasha is right, FB is far too public.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DIYman View Post
Sorry, I take back what I said about either is acceptable - Sasha is right, FB is far too public.

Maybe we need 'soberbook' instead?
No apology needed at all, we are all entitled to our opinions.

My best to you xx
Old 02-21-2013, 03:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
LOL "soberbook"...jump on it, Zuckerberg!!
Old 02-21-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I have never posted anything on FB concerning my alcoholism for a couple of reasons. First, most are not alcoholics and would never understand my insane way of thinking. Second, it is a social media site. Employers watch that type of thing, at least the company I worked for did. I'm currently unemployed and looking for a job. I would hate to be passed over for a job because they checked my FB and I had any references to drinking/alcohol/anger issues.

I do use FB to keep up with my 5 brothers & sisters and nieces and nephews. My "friend" list is very small. The only people I have "friended" are people I know in real life.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:40 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I agree with Sasha - when hiring someone the first place I look is FB to see what they are posting as it gives me an idea as to their character. I know a lot of people use it differently. I for example use it to post family pics and links to articles of interest. I don't brag/boast there and am very aware that if my boss were to see it there would be nothing on there that would be questionable. Doesn't mean it's boring - just professional.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by markinsf View Post
I agree with Sasha - when hiring someone the first place I look is FB to see what they are posting as it gives me an idea as to their character. I know a lot of people use it differently. I for example use it to post family pics and links to articles of interest. I don't brag/boast there and am very aware that if my boss were to see it there would be nothing on there that would be questionable. Doesn't mean it's boring - just professional.
I know a manager who checks what time members of his team post on facebook. If it is into the early hours of the morning, he questions if they should be going to bed and sleeping earlier as they maybe tired the next day and not work as hard as they should!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

No one on FB even knows I ever drank, and I plan to keep it that way
Old 02-21-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha4 View Post
I know a manager who checks what time members of his team post on facebook. If it is into the early hours of the morning, he questions if they should be going to bed and sleeping earlier as they maybe tired the next day and not work as hard as they should!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is taking things way too far. If that manager has to do that to tell if someone is doing a good job at work then that manager is incompetent at best.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:16 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies. Was dealing with some stuff and was not sober when I posted this. This is definitely the place to talk of such things. As far as the "facebook worthy" comment, just intoxicated bs, nothing more. Working on getting back on the right path. Thanks for the support.