Notices

Back Again

Old 02-19-2013, 06:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi Delilah,

If you experimented with "moderation" and did not think it was for you, I would consider it a victory. I stopped counting days a while back, in my mind everyday is Day 1. To me, you have been an inspiration with your drive and confidence, don't let this dent that, use it as positive experience.

I haven't been on SR much lately and been really down, work is tense, still dealing with my father's death (and ramifications), familys been sick, blah, blah, blah.

Hang in there,

Toss
Old 02-19-2013, 06:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Toss, it is good to hear from you, and I appreciate your perspective. I think living in the present is a wise idea.

I am sorry you have still got so much going on, life sometimes throws too much at us, and it can get overwhelming. I am here if you need to talk. Thinking about you!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 06:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I'm glad you posted about not counting your days!!

I don't want to keep track and quite frankly, I've been sooooo busy at my job, that i haven't had time to do anything but focus on my daily stuff at work.

The thing is i felt guilty at having forgotten how many days i had and having to go back and recount.....

I haven't used today and I'm just going to try and go with that

Glad you're back!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 06:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Thanks Toss, it is good to hear from you, and I appreciate your perspective. I think living in the present is a wise idea.

I am sorry you have still got so much going on, life sometimes throws too much at us, and it can get overwhelming. I am here if you need to talk. Thinking about you!!!
It's not all bad, I am just easily wounded at the moment and sticking up for myself has never been my strong suit. Need to grow thicker skin.

The main point is that we are all in this together, for support and understanding, and what you described is life. I need to get back to reading SR more, it puts alot of things in perspective about my life.

Take Care,

Toss
Old 02-19-2013, 06:53 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I need to do the same Toss, it definitely helps to read posts.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:58 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Delilah and Toss, glad you're both back posting! Agree re keeping things positive!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:15 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Peanut, I feel the same way about counting days, I need to just remain focused on the current day, and not worry about how many are in the past or the ones that have yet to arrive.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back to you too Toss

D
Old 02-19-2013, 07:20 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I think that's good advice Delilah!!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:31 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good to have you back, Delilah.

I think you're right to focus on the moment. I'm slowly discovering that's a good idea in just about every situation. I'm amazed how much time I've wasted looking back at yesterday or worrying about imaginary tomorrows. Oh crap—I'm looking backward again, lol... Anyway, glad you're here today and doing well.

Good to see you too, Toss.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:49 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Delilah. I also stopped counting. It was driving me crazy and then I read a post here where someone said it made them feel like it was a count down to a final point. and that said it so well for me. Like, when will it be done? It was just not as productive for me as in the moment, and focusing on what I *can* do to be a better, healthier me. I needed to take the main focus off of what I cannot do.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:57 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Glad you are back. I have read many of your posts and comments along the way and have enjoyed and learned from them!

Good for you to take a step back and look at your journey... It is YOUR journey and I commend you for owning it !!! Way to go!!!

Congrats!!
Old 02-19-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I do not keep such good track of the days either. I have a friend that is always asking what is my day number... I just say so many to count hee...It will all come,, days months ,years I just keep thinking that, staying positive.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

So glad you are back! I have been thinking about you . I too had some sober time a few months ago and then experimented with moderation. Unlike you I did get drunk a couple of times (within a few weeks time--not as much as I had been but knew where I was headed)....the obsession never leaves me.

You are always positive and deserve the same. If everyone stayed stopped at the first try SR would not need to exist.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:05 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

As always, welcome back Delilah.

Some people have a major swelling of the attitudinal glands, but that's their problem. Despite any problems, you're a kind soul and you would have to have blinders on not to see that.

All my best wishes to you.

Actually, the negative comments I've seen on SR are like 2%. And screw those folks anyway. Don't they have anything better to do with their time than to preach to you?
Old 02-21-2013, 04:22 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Positives - Well you live in San Diego and you dont have Norv Turner and AJ anymore!

Not sure if you are a football person, but that is TRULY positive! I have been a bolts fan for, oh man, decades.

Recognition of what was happening with you is positive. You identified an issue and addressed it. THAT is power.