Notices

Hitting the wall

Old 02-18-2013, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hitting the wall

I have hit the wall. I am a little shy of eight months and just did my 5 step. I thought I would feel some relief and freedom. To the contrary I am exhausted and feel actually more burdened. I realize that I am having life's pain wo drugs and alcohol and it is not working for me. I just feel that if I am going to be in this much pain I might as well just use and drink.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You'll be able to work your way through your pain/problems a lot better with a clear head on your shoulders. Drinking and drugging is only going to make things 100x worse. Try to find alternate ways to ease your mind - healthy ones. Meditation, exercise, therapy. Why do you feel more burdened? Is it because you are dealing with things that you had previously put off? I'm newly sober myself, just trying to offer some help.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mds1212 View Post
I have hit the wall. I am a little shy of eight months and just did my 5 step. I thought I would feel some relief and freedom. To the contrary I am exhausted and feel actually more burdened. I realize that I am having life's pain wo drugs and alcohol and it is not working for me. I just feel that if I am going to be in this much pain I might as well just use and drink.
Noooooo just think how hard it is to give up again and everything u went through at least your feeling living not existing that's got to b worth it I'm only 5 days and its hell !!!! No way do u want to do this again don't feed the addict feed the soul with what u deserve xxxxxxxxxx keep strong life is always going to throw big ones I admire how far u have come I loose hope when I read this cause its power knows no limits truly evil
Old 02-18-2013, 09:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I remember feeling that way after step 5. It stirs up so much in us.

Don't drink.

I drank when I gave up at this point.

It doesn't solve a thing.

Keep it movin forward....step 6...did you do what the book instructs after 5?

12 and 12 has alot on 6 and 7...get out of 4/5...and into 6, 7...get to the 7th step prayer...

Don't worry...keep going.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All I can say is congrats on 8 months & working on step 5. I am not there yet. But love to hear input & advise of those as they work them
All The Best!
Old 02-18-2013, 11:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hit a wall around 8 months too. It was tough but I kept going. Keep up the good work, go easy on yourself, and be patient. Hang in there mds you can do it.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mds1212 View Post
I have felt like this so many times but I held out to see what would happen. Eventually those negative feelings went away and I was always grateful I stayed sober. Hang in there xxx