Notices

New here....

Old 02-18-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here....

Hi there...

I'm an alcoholic who ahs been trying to quit for quite a long time now, wit no success at all... I started therapy over one year ago, was visiting AA, started therapy with psychologists, etc.... but I keep on drinking, and keep on lying, and even if nowadays I am in a new group, I actually don't like it - right now for example I am quite pissed off because I didn't attend the last Friday session and (even if I told another member of the group about it for her to tell the "leader" that I wasn't going) the psychologist just called me "alarmed by my lack of commitment" os something like that...

Thing is that I have just found this site and would like to try this forum also, to see if it works... I'm quite desperate at the moment, of course I cannot control my consumption, and and and....

Well, that's my case, nothing special, I suppose, but just wanna try every possible thing..

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and understanding.....

Old 02-18-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Raksha

You'll find a lot of support here.

SR really helped me to turn my life around and to start on the work I had to do to stay sober.

I know you'll find that help too

D
Old 02-18-2013, 02:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey I'm new here too (today) day one clean.
I used to be a chemical drug user and somehow managed to slowly replace one (worse) addiction with another. I'm starting to see myself using around the clock and lying and hiding my drinking which is the sign to me that I'm already in over my head and I need to get out right now.

So welcome - here is to us and I hope that we make it.
I think having a forum like this to bum around on is a good idea.
Addicts are the best for helping addiction. I feel like it's easier to be honest with myself when I'm talking to other addicts than it is with people who don't have the disease.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!! I'm pretty sure that if you read around here, you will find that you are not alone and that's pretty amazing

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 02-18-2013, 02:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

thanks a lot guys....
I've just been clean - now - for one day, since it doesn't matter how long I've been dry, I always come back...

It's tiring and I am fed up with lying to everyone, starting with myself.....

I really hope I will find some of the strnegh I need here, cause I really need it... thanks again.....
Old 02-18-2013, 03:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Raksha - great to meet you. SR helped me get sober after drinking for 30 yrs. I think you'll feel comfortable here and learn a lot. You can do it!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Rashka.

I am pretty new to this myself, but I thought that I'd send you a quick note to say that you have my support. I wish you nothing but the best, and hope that you don't get discouraged by your experience on Friday. You are here, you want it, and I want it for all of us.

Best to you!
Old 02-18-2013, 03:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR :-)

I find this is the easiest place to share in, but at the same time the place that keeps me honest. Wishing you the best in your recovery.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome. Your admitting you are powerless over alcohol, so I would have to disagree with the psychologist saying you lack commitment.
Keep coming back & use the resources here.
~Peace
Old 02-18-2013, 05:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Raksha View Post
Hi there...

I'm an alcoholic who ahs been trying to quit for quite a long time now, wit no success at all... I started therapy over one year ago, was visiting AA, started therapy with psychologists, etc.... but I keep on drinking, and keep on lying, and even if nowadays I am in a new group, I actually don't like it - right now for example I am quite pissed off because I didn't attend the last Friday session and (even if I told another member of the group about it for her to tell the "leader" that I wasn't going) the psychologist just called me "alarmed by my lack of commitment" os something like that...

Thing is that I have just found this site and would like to try this forum also, to see if it works... I'm quite desperate at the moment, of course I cannot control my consumption, and and and....

Well, that's my case, nothing special, I suppose, but just wanna try every possible thing..

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and understanding.....

I'm 5 days sober so understand how hard it iiiiisssss I'm just new to this site look forward to chatting with u . U have my support x
Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Raksha!

Coming here really helped me deal with mental part (and cravings) that were so strong at first. Meetings and counseling are great, too, but I needed more than an hour of help here and there. There's always something going on here, 24/7, and it's so handy!

Glad you've joined us!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am overwhelmed with sadness. What do you do when you don't know how to cope? I can't continue this cycle, nor do I wish to. I have struggled for almost a decade with addiction, anxiety and depression. One day this will all make sense, but until then it is only one day at a time. I had to leave the love of my life, my high school sweetheart of eleven years, so that we can both get better. Now I must live for myself, and this notion truly terrifies me. I need help. Back to day one of sobriety.