Notices

Trying to stop isolating

Old 02-18-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Trying to stop isolating

Just forcing myself to say hello. I have not been up for much conversation. I can offer little support to others at the moment. I am kind of consumed with decisions. Figuring out my sh!t.

Anyway. It's not healthy to isolate. I keep pulling my head out of the sand. I refuse to wither. Look straight at things. That's the only way to move past it. Anything else is a cop out.

So happy sober Monday. I am clear headed and ready for my day.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Yes, I have noticed your absence and missed you. Sometimes it is necessary to "close my windows and doors" when I am figuring sh!t out too.

Happy Monday back at ya
Old 02-18-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks sober! I will be here all day today. Reading and I will try to give support. Guess its best to give to move myself along as well.

I am in a good mood. Just quiet.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

I saw you were absent too Ken. Same deal here. I stayed away from here and meetings last week. I needed to decompress and feel like a normal person, whatever that is. It felt pretty good to be sober but not focused on recovery and just living.

Hope you have a nice monday
Old 02-18-2013, 07:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

If you see your shadow do we have 6 more weeks of winter?

Stay after it, my friend. People care.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you fallow! Been a while since I saw you. You sound good. Hope the reality matches.

Thank you nonsensical. I appreciate that. And I had been living in the shadows for a lot of years. So if I see my shadow now that's good. It means I have some light on me to cast one. And I'll take a forever winter if I can just see my shodow. Ya know?

I just posted about you. Was wondering how the alone time was fairing.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good to see you posting Ken, I do care very much for you xxx
Old 02-18-2013, 08:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Ken! I'm quiet too. So I'll just say hi and glad you posted.

Jim
Old 02-18-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You guys are great! Jeni thank you.

SoberJ you have been quiet. You should post... Let us all know how you are doing... What's on your mind these days. Good or bad.

K
Old 02-18-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

thanks Ken! I still read here lots though I dont post too much. Im always on my phone and its not as easy to type. Plus Im so early being sober Im not always sure what I can bring to the table.

The reality matches up pretty well. I read through all my old posts recently and though it was difficult I was happy to see the glaring difference in how I feel now.

The pink cloud is pretty much gone though. I pretty much have forgotten what a buzz or hangover feels like. I probably really would be drunk after the first drink!

Now that Im settling in life can be a slap in the face for me sometimes. I have to keep reminding myself that the world isn't going to change just because I am. Its really nice to prove to myself that I can thrive in life without alcohol and drugs.

Im just sticking to my program and trying to have fun with it...
Old 02-18-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks for checking in Weasel. I'm guilty of not being here as much as the first few weeks too. You try jumping back into life head first but need to keep grounded. Sometimes i like to just read too, but writing ( about anything ) and being involved helps too. Hope you and everyone else has a great day.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:36 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Weasel Im the same been keeping a bit quieter recently but still sober!. Im still on here most days and read alot of posts just not been posting much. good to hear you are doing well
Old 02-18-2013, 12:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Definitely missed your presence Weasel. Glad you wrote to let us know how you're doing.

I tend to become very quiet when I'm reflecting on something (or as you put it "figuring out my sh!t...lol). The quietness doesn't mean it's bad, it's just something I do.

I think moments of isolation & reflection are good for our souls. The trick is not to stay isolated too long. Right there is my downfall.

So glad you're back with us. It might not feel like posting right now but I can assure you that you're a pro at offering insight & support.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Being the alcoholic i am , i immediately went through all my messages wondering what i'd said wrong and felt guilty LoL , turns out you were just getting on with stuff ..

I still forget i'm mostly sencible and sober these days and that it dosn't all revolve around me messing everything up all the time .. Phew !

Bestwishes, M