Notices

Facing my Problems

Old 02-17-2013, 11:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Facing my Problems

I know I need to "deal" with m problems. I am just tring to figure out what they rally are. My kids say my husband (their dad) is a piece of c****, which I agree with if I allow myself to feel. But the two adult kids living with me a don't do much to help around this house and they live here rent free. They know by not helping much at all it causes me stress. And my problem is that I just don't want to deal with any of it. I keep telling myself "well your not perfect o why expect anything much of someone else". That is the story of my life though, no matter how well I am doing.

I get tired of playing mediator and/or just living in my room in denial.

Thanks for listening.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi Kitty,

For me, I found a solution before I identified all the problems. I found a solution that has worked for many others, and I just take it on faith that it will work for me while I figure out all my problems. This solution sometimes means doing things that might go against my religious beliefs.

For over 75 years, people all over the world have been finding the miracle of recovery through the same AA program I am using. This program has endured largely because of the "Twelve Traditions." Are you familiar with these?

If your husband has a substance problem, maybe you should consider Al-anon.