Notices

First post

Old 02-17-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation First post

So this is my first post here.

I've come across this site quite a bit over the past 2 years.

I had an injury 3 years ago. Surgery 1.5 years ago and I've been on pain meds for about 18 months. Therein is my issue.

Alot of dramas have arisen over the past 18 months and I'm over everything and want my life back, but no motivation to claim it back and stick to whatever plans I make/have made.

Hopefully reading other peoples stories and chatting with some of you will give me some tips and support in a way I haven't yet experienced.

I'm unsure what can and can't be said in a place like this. I'd like to be able to be brutally honest (about myself) but unsure if anything gets back etc. Can anyone fill me in?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Have you spoken with the prescribing doctor about this? It might be in your best interest to start with the doctor.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome, User, and I hope you come back and post more.

Please check Policies, Rules & Posting Tips - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information.

If you are unsure about posting something, PM one of the moderators.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi User
Welcome

s'cool we work really hard to protect your privacy and anonymity here & make this a safe and welcome place to share/

You should be aware though that this is an open forum - any one can read the forums or blogs (tho not profiles or chat) and anyone can search it from Google.

You should apply the same sort of caution here as you would anywhere else on the 'net.

D
Old 02-18-2013, 08:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by user View Post
Alot of dramas have arisen over the past 18 months and I'm over everything and want my life back, but no motivation to claim it back and stick to whatever plans I make/have made.
When you say you're over everything, does that include the pain meds?

Regardless, best of luck getting your life back on track. Physical pain can really throw you for a loop.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Hi, I'm a new user as well and your story grabbed my attention. You know you shouldn't be too hard on yourself, maybe your body is telling you that you're just not ready to do the whole thing just yet. But, you've made a start by putting your thoughts on here. It's taken 2 years but you've done it now so take one day at a time and see what happens.

I'll bet you'll find loads of advice and maybe similar situations on here that can help you not feel alone in your fight to get back your life again.

Good luck and keep talking.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The lack of appetite is what's kicking me in the gonads, relentlessly.