Notices

Joining Forums and the beauty of SR

Old 02-15-2013, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Joining Forums and the beauty of SR

I want to compliment SoberRecovery for ease of joining the site. Today,I have been surfing other sites similar to this one for smoking cessation. I have been to ones where you have to type in a slogan that can only be found after watching a commercial. Every "name " I picked has been chosen before. Each time I picked a new name I had to watch another commercial. Another one I could not figure out even sober.

After all of this effort to find a smoking forum I give up. I am going to wait for my book ,read it and just stay here. I have found older threads here and thats cool.

I did not realize how lucky I was to find this place. (first place I found )I never would have gone through the stuff I went through today to join if I was in the condition I was when I was drinking. I don't think I could have figured it out. Oh well, I do appreciate you all. Thank you for Keeping It Simple!
Old 02-15-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

What a great post, escapist.

I agree - there's nothing like SR. I have the same experience any time I try to join other forums, like for health issues. So frustrating to join - and then there's usually very little activity. I joined one where the 'last post' was 6 months ago. No, thanks.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by escapist View Post
Thank you for Keeping It Simple!
Amen I am not computer literate and I managed it drunk so it must have been simple. We really are lucky to have this place and lucky that so many people stick around to post, especially those who have been sober for years. I am sure that the quick responses to posts really helps people who are struggling and shows them that someone cares x
Old 02-15-2013, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good luck with stopping smoking. My rate of consumption has reduced considerably. However, my desire for sleep is astronomical.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you so much for posting this escapist.

It's good to hear that you had a positive experience when you registered.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

I agree, SR is really user friendly, very important in this situation! It's funny, it's like the best website I rarely talk about lol

My friend just checked herself into a rehab, and now that she is no longer denying the issue I'll be able to tell her more about SR. I'm hoping it will help her as much as it's helped me.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
Amen I am not computer literate and I managed it drunk so it must have been simple. We really are lucky to have this place and lucky that so many people stick around to post, especially those who have been sober for years. I am sure that the quick responses to posts really helps people who are struggling and shows them that someone cares x
Bold part 1: lol...that was so me!

Bold part 2: (((hugs))) I couldn't believe the immediate response I got. The shock dang near sobered me up, right then and there, AND I haven't had a drink since.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i so agree,,when i joined here in oct,,i was gobsmacked at how quickly peeps replied!!!literally seconds of me posting,,"hey im new".
i had been on another site,,that was so anitiquated,,it was soul destroying just waiting for a dran reply,,for like weeks!!!
so,,,i love sr,,and glad its here,,i love the friends i have made here ,,and love that it has helped me be sober,,x
thanks sr xx
stay classy now xx
lv cleo xxx