SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   A year later... and still (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/284179-year-later-still.html)

needtostop1 02-13-2013 11:59 AM

A year later... and still

Its been awhile since I last came on. Within the year or trying to stop drinking and being bulimic, I was divorced and my mom passed away. I also found a new love (which helped stop the drinking and bulimia) until my mom pased and my old tricks were back, this time worse. The pint of vodka was now turning into a pint and a few beers or more vodka. I woke up this morning sick all over and came forward and was 100% honest with my partner. She was so understanding and kind. I am blessed. This is time, NOW! I am ready. I'm scared of the next few days, but I know I can do this!

Muzzwell 02-13-2013 12:07 PM

Hi, welcome back. Grab that attitude for change with both hands and never let go.

OneLessLonely 02-13-2013 12:25 PM

Welcome back and grats on saying enough is enough! Stay close and read and post as much as you need!

Dee74 02-13-2013 01:01 PM

welcome back needtostop :)

do you have a plan?

D

hypochondriac 02-13-2013 01:36 PM

Glad you're back needtostop :) x

needtostop1 02-13-2013 03:38 PM

My plan is to stop drinking and remove all beverages from the house. My partner and I are doing it together. We just went swimming for a lil bit and are planning on heading to a meeting tonight. She is not a heavy drinker but wants to stop to support me. Each day I will take it one step at a time. Tomorrow will be my first real challenge as I leave work, my normal "pit stop" is no longer an option. Thank you!

YouRmySunshine 02-13-2013 03:41 PM

Glad you admit your ready to give in & get help. So sorry for your awful year. But with much love & Faith I Pray for nothing but the best for this next year to come.

needtostop1 02-13-2013 03:46 PM

Thank you! I am ready. I want to start a family and give it my all. I cannot do anything like that if I am self destructing myself and making excuses. I have to better me before I anything else.

CaiHong 02-13-2013 04:02 PM

Needtostop so glad you are back, it's great that your partner is supporting you.
SR .and AA are keeping me sober and happy.

I think in my second year of sobriety I have stepped up my program and visit this site more often because I don't ever want to lose what I have gained.

Keep reading and posting it will get better.

Love
CaiHong

vegibean 02-13-2013 04:12 PM

Hey need, glad you're back!! I know we haven't met yet, but I just recently came back from a relapse and am happy to be here. Like you, I have a great boyfriend who's been very supportive as well as my friends, and people here. You CAN do this!! My very best to you. You enjoy to be happy, I hope it begins soon for you. :)

least 02-13-2013 04:25 PM

I'm glad you came back and are giving it another go.:)