Notices

I'm ready...

Old 02-12-2013, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm ready...

It's been ten years, from the time I was fifteen and a beautiful little girl later. I'm ready to stop drinking. It took me losing my daughter and her mom whom I love dearly, to realize this. We have been separated for two years and am finally coming to terms with it. My daughters mother hung in there for three years helping and hoping I would stop. Even now she does love me. She can't live like that though and can't blame her. When I realized what I had done, I felt so ashamed. So I'm quitting and have completed my first day sober, and have gotten the good news that if I can beat this, there is a chance I can be happy with my family again. That's all I need at this point is a chance.....and help from people who have been there.

Gritz
Old 02-12-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day one Gritz - welcome to SR

D
Old 02-12-2013, 02:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Gritz - Welcome to the family. We're so glad you found us - this is a great place where you'll find all sorts of support and encouragement.

It's wonderful that you have a chance to reconcile with your family. Life isn't worth living when we're just phoning it in - always numb and foggy. I wish I'd stopped at only 25. You'll never regret reclaiming your life. Please keep reading and posting here.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Welcome, Gritz!

You have a wonderful life ahead of you, and you don't have to do anything to get there. It is amazing that you can accomplish so much by NOT doing something.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

O
Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Gritz - Welcome to the family. We're so glad you found us - this is a great place where you'll find all sorts of support and encouragement.

It's wonderful that you have a chance to reconcile with your family. Life isn't worth living when we're just phoning it in - always numb and foggy. I wish I'd stopped at only 25. You'll never regret reclaiming your life. Please keep reading and posting here.
By the time I was sixteen, it was a fifth a night to myself. And at 135 lbs. At the time that's a potentially deadly amount for a teenager....never mind the fact that I always kept it all down too. I'm just glad I woke up.
Thank you for your support.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Gritz,

That is certainly 2 good reasons for staying sober. I am sure you have made promises many times before to stay sober. How do you plan to stay stopped this time? Please keep ousting and reading this forum is something I log in to on a daily basis and is one of the tools that has kept me sober for over 20 months and changed my life around completely.

All the very best to you. This is the most important thing you will do in your life make it the number one priority.

love
CaiHong
Old 02-12-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaiHong View Post
Welcome Gritz,

That is certainly 2 good reasons for staying sober. I am sure you have made promises many times before to stay sober. How do you plan to stay stopped this time? Please keep ousting and reading this forum is something I log in to on a daily basis and is one of the tools that has kept me sober for over 20 months and changed my life around completely.

All the very best to you. This is the most important thing you will do in your life make it the number one priority.

love
CaiHong

Well,
Every time before I was still in denial. And also, I took everything I had for granted and didn't realize what I really had. I do now. That's how I plan to do it....along with family support. And thank you....