Notices

I had a dream...

Old 02-12-2013, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I had a dream...

That it was Valentines..(uhhgg, 25 years, I've run out of ideas) I made a nice dinner...I was waiting for my husband...with a glass of WINE. I was nursing the hell out of it...he gets home I say "See...I can drink, look one glass". Of course because he loves me hes like "thats great honey".

All is well....then I find myself searching for the rest of the bottle, you know with darty glances like someone was hiding it from me, maybe he drank the rest and didn't SHARE IT WITH ME? yes I have to shout that, sorry.
A
I felt kinda creepy when I woke up. Like I had done something bad?
I think I will take a shower.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I've had those dreams too, especially when I first stopped - I know what you mean about that creepy feeling.

Love the little see-saw guys. Very appropriate.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ugh, I dreamed I was drinking straight vodka last night...in a martini glass that seemed magic...no matter how much I drank, it was always half full. Then husband walked in and asked me what I was doing and I said, what? It's only one drink! lol Woke up sweaty this morning and looking around for my hangover. Thank goodness I couldn't find it Day 3, woohoo!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's a strange coincidence. .. I had a drinking dream last night too and I haven't had one since the first 3 months of sobriety. I dreampt I was handed a glass of white wine in the shuffle and drank some. My first reaction was oooh this is sour. Then I thought oh no, I drank alcohol! It was like my right hand didnt know my left hand fed me alcohol. Then there were all these miniature drink umbrellas I was putting in my pockets because I thought it would make me fly, with my Mother who was there. She wanted to fly. The whole thing was a jumblegram.

To me the dream is a bad sign of how stressed and cut off I'm becoming, and how I want to escape into fantasy. I think I really must watch it. I had to go to a different pharmacy tonight, to fill a script, and driving there, I thought: uh oh that nice liquor store is in that shopping center. Fortunately once I was there, I didnt have that thought.