Notices

hi everyone

Old 02-10-2013, 11:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi everyone

Never been a fan of as so this will be my outlet while I continue on my road to recovery
Old 02-10-2013, 11:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

goodluck

Just wanted to say goodluck to everyone headed in the right direction
Old 02-11-2013, 12:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, Youngstown nice to meet you. If you decide to stick around SR, I think that you will find this site to be very useful, and to be quite friendly and welcoming. You don't mention how far into recovery you are, but best of luck to you as well, in that regard. I like the like icon that you put into your second post, the group of whatevers linked, dancing in a circle. The cirular bit reminds me very much of myself before I quit drinking, which will be a year ago at the end of next month, so I am actually quite new here as well. Not sure of what you are not a fan, joining support groups, perhaps?; or the idea of recovery itself? I know that I found the idea of recovery to be very inimitading at first, but that passed rather quickly as I began to feel so much better physically (no hangovers) and emotionally(no more lying to loved ones about drinking, no more feeling that I was being far less involed in life than I could be, no more feeling that I was wasting a hell of a lot of money in an effort destoy myself by slow degree). I could well be wrong in my reading of your posts, I did just get up--I sort of keep farmer's hours now, to bed very early, up very early, with a solid 7 or so hours of sleep in between--another benefit of not drinking, come to think of it. It works well for me, as I love quiet time in the morning, and my wife generally keeps similar hours because of her work shedule. At anyrate, hope that you stick around, and stop feeling that you are going in circles. There is lots of support here, and many good people; along with other supports, has certainly helped me greatly in my recovery. All the best to you, and best of luck-----rick

Last edited by ricmcc; 02-11-2013 at 12:30 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-11-2013, 03:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome, and Go Browns!

Read the forums here, there's lots of great information and advice. There are many options on how to deal with a drinking problem. I found one that is working great for me here. I hope you'll find one that works well for you.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Youngstownohio x