Notices

How long is too long?

Old 02-11-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'd hang up. Maybe he forgot he had you waiting. I have done that.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Renaldo, you felt slighted and ignored by your 'friend' and rightly so. I think it's important in recovery to have boundaries in place, as to how we will allow ourselves to be treated. Low self-esteem was such a big problem for me, I had to have strong boundaries and stick with them.
Thanks Anna. I know a woman who ran an Enneagram workshop and she was the "boss" personality and she said, "you put up this gossamer thin boundary and you call that a boundary?"

I'm gonna have to digest all of this and decide the proper course of action. In the meantime I won't call this guy for a while. There's something to be said for forgiveness, but being a doormat is not good either.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
I am SO lucky cell phones don't work here.

I don't even know how to operate one!

Since this isn't a serious addiction issue, I'll be frank: you bring this misery upon yourselves by being slaves to technology!

*is currently browsing SR on her phone* It's not all bad
Old 02-11-2013, 06:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by renaldo
There's something to be said for forgiveness, but being a doormat is not good either.
Exactly right.
It is rude behavior, although it may have been inadvertent. Doesn't sound as though it was intentionally malicious, however, that doesn't mean it was appropriate either.

I usually follow this axiom: "Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me"... I ignore, unless the offending behavior becomes habitual.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:50 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyTimeNow View Post
*is currently browsing SR on her phone* It's not all bad
It's not a her, it's a him, and he's not an alcoholic. He's a long standing friend... nothing to do with SR.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by renaldo View Post
It's not a her, it's a him, and he's not an alcoholic. He's a long standing friend... nothing to do with SR.
Sorry, I was replying to Confusions post about being slaves to technology. I meant I was browsing SR on phone. But I agree - yes your friend was rude.