Notices

Hydrocodone and oxycotin withdrawal

Old 02-10-2013, 07:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Hydrocodone and oxycotin withdrawal

Well not too sure where to start with this just ready to get my life clean and back to the old me! This all started about 4 years ago taking oxycotin and hydrocodone every now and then off the streets then it started more and more not wanting to get out of bed or even have a life until I had a pill to get me going! I have quit a few times so I do know about withdrawal and I have read many forums and they have helped a lot along the way just reading them but this time I feel like it might help to stay clean the first time I tried to get clean I told my family about it and they helped in every way but they did call everyone they knew I could get them from and tell them they better not find out I'm getting anymore but soon that wore off and I thought a couple here and there would be ok but not!! I'm back where I was and the same people my family told not to be letting me get any of course started back letting me get them more of a money thing to them I guess! But I can't keep taking away from my family and my little girl that is 4 years old from spending all of our money on them. My husband and I both make decent money but we are always broke he just thinks its normal because its always been that way since we both got decent jobs cause I have been taking them ever since! He knows and thinks I get off of them and then I just go right back he thought I quit last Sunday but I have contuined to take them and lie to him I have a few more left and I was planning to take them tomorrow to be able to get a few things done and the whole house cleaned so I can start this journey of withdrawal on a little easier note so that I can rest instead of worrying with the house I only work 3 nights a week on a very laid back job so that's a big plus but I just need some people that understand what I'm going thru to help me along as all of the friends I have now are hook ups or doing the same thing and some r family so as u can c it's all around me so the mind thing and staying away is the hardest part for me I want my old self back!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am starting the withdrawal on Tuesday 02/12/2013 I hope 02/11/2013 is the last day I ever see or touch these things!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome soberlife
I don't know much about hydros but others will.

We also have a substance abuse forum here you might be interested in:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I hope you will decide to tell your husband - I think it's hard enough to get clean and sober without dragging secrets around too...be kind to yourself

D
Old 02-10-2013, 08:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for your reply!! I did let my husband know what was going on last Sunday but he thought I quit then so I let him know again tonight that it had not stopped but I was serious this time I also let a few close friends know what was going on and the ppl I was getting them from that absolutely no more ever again!!