Notices

Big can of worms

Old 02-10-2013, 02:15 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Take a shower ntmu and enjoy your family and Happy Birthday.

Your 90 days will begin as soon as YOU decide it will and it happens one millisecond at a time. I don't think of my 90 days....ever. I think about right this second. That helps me to stay grounded and in the moment.

You have gotten great advise here so far.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:17 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

A nice hot shower will help clear your head, and I think you'll feel better when they arrive and you are clean with clean clothes. Whether you talk to them about your issues today or not, you can still start your 90 days right now. Their reaction doesn't need to control your next move.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:18 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

And I hope you check back in with us after while and let us know how you are doing.
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ntmu View Post
oh my, less than an hour. i still smell, my appearance is awful. i don't feel like taking shower or putting on decent clothes right now.

if my parents come in here they will see place with a ton of bottles every where.

Originally Posted by ntmu View Post
okokok

so i have to tell them something

i'm already drunkish

how sad this whole thing is

happy birthday!

what am i going to do...
I so wished you had gone to bed yesterday morning.

What can you do now?

It will be better that the truth is out there and I can't see that you think otherwise now you have let it get to this.

Happy Birthday ntmu. I mean that with all sincerity. May your next birthday find you in a happier place.
  # 45 (permalink)  

You'll get those 90 days one sober day at a time and if you make changes where necessary.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:20 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

i have like the worst clothes on right now too, i may wear a knit hat at dinner, but the have not seen me wear one since i was like 5.

this whole thing is not cool.

i can pretty much say they will bring me some food & grocery items though, so that's why i agreed to this.

also, if i said no, they would freak.

phphphphphphphphphphphphphphphphhhhh
Old 02-10-2013, 02:27 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

thanks for reemphasising the shower. i know it sounds easy & basic, but i need encouragement just to do that today. i have not eaten in 2 days, so it will be good to eat too.

i don't remember how this got started, but yes obv my first drink started a lot of trouble.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

In a strange way - your situation poses polar opposites from mine in a few ways, but at the same time with potentially very similar outcomes.
I had a family of alcoholics of various forms - the closets, the ragers, the happy drunks, mean drunks, disappearing drunks, arrested drunks, juvenile drunks -you name it.
Funny or not - most of them would completely deny their addiction or anyone else who may call theirs a 'problem'. After all, there was someone around whose drinking is/was much worse than theirs (or mine) to compare to.
With your family, their inexperience with alcohol and alcoholics you think - probably correctly - will lead them to denying your problem.
The same outcome at least in the beginning.
I have no close family and my parents are long dead. Without my husband and grown daughter, I'm not sure what would be next.
I have also been unemployed and gone through the 'starving and homeless' potential of not having a paycheck. While no job stinks, it's not the end of the world. Even though it seems like it at first.
Be honest with them, but I would not add any unwarranted details unless they ask. If they are not used to being around alcoholics, they might be freaked out at first, with all the stereotype drunk images running through their heads. But if they have any heart and sense at all, they will get over it and help you.

In these upcoming days and weeks, you might find yourself not needed their help as much as you thought you did in your 'fogged' mind.
Good luck and congrats on your near month of being sober!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:28 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Given you seem to be counting down the minutes till they arrive, and you're in a state every which way (can't get into the shower, can't get clean clothes, there's crap all over the place....):

[Breath and swallow hard on this one] Maybe just let it all be AS IT IS. Let them see you, in the current reality.

Their responses to what and who they see will be...well, whatever their responses will be. You can't change that, you can't somehow cover it over for them.

Just try to sit quietly, as you are, and breathe....then open the door.

'A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step'.

Warm wishes to you ntmu
Old 02-10-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

sh*t half an hour, i need to get myself up & offline...
Old 02-10-2013, 02:33 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

real world is on it's way
Old 02-10-2013, 02:37 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by noanxtime View Post
I But if they have any heart and sense at all, they will get over it and help you.

Good luck and congrats on your near month of being sober!
yes, heart, please.

also, i am not sober at all.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:40 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

You are on my mind right now.

One thing you said stood out: this is not worth being homeless.
I think your health and sobriety is worth any price and know a few folks in a recovery center that consider themselves homeless that would agree.

You think having a roof over your head depends upon someone else? One thing that would make many want to drink themselves into oblivion is the idea of handing so much control over to other people. I love my parents but any time I cede control of my life over to them I wind up a train wreck.

As for your very unique circumstances and family situation, I wouldn't try to compare notes. I've got family members who "know" they are the uniquest.
We all have crazy and seemingly unique complications in our lives.
That fact can keep you down as long as you let it. It might be your excuse to keep drinking but you aren't going to find anyone here buying it.

I'd also lay odds that your family already knows but doesn't know what to do or is waiting for you to say something.

If any of this hits you in a bad way I apologize. My intentions are only good. Glad you are here on SR and hope you will keep posting.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:45 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

OK

the honest question

how can i ask for support

and say i am working on getting better

when
i look like hell
i smell
have no job
and am drunk
today

?

how is this going to work?

i sincerely plan to be back on here ASAP

i plan to go to meetings of all sorts for recovery every day for at least a year
i promised a very good friend this & i will not let them down

sh*t just got the call, they'll be here in 15

last minute tips,

thanks,
Old 02-10-2013, 02:47 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

For starters, stop drinking?
Old 02-10-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

You look them in the eye and say "I need help".
Admit to them you have been unable to control it and that you are sincerely ready to get the help you need to stop drinking.

Tell them what you have been going through, what you have tried so far and that you have been scared and ashamed to tell them.

We are behind you.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:50 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

And grab a 5 minute shower!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:51 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

out of respect for this thread, i am going to have to have a sincere talk with them, but they do worry & freak out, so it is not worth it to make matters worse for me or them.

be grateful you if you don't understand what i am going through.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Maybe re-read my post (a few back) - just let it all BE. You're in a massive panic state, so just breathe, and open that door.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:53 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Also remember, you don't need to be homeless. There is the Salvation Army. Good luck, and Happy Birthday. Hope things turn out well