Notices

1,5 bottle of wine every day for 2 years. Help!

Old 02-10-2013, 01:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The shakes in the morning are a sign of physical addiction. Drinking in the morning to stop the shakes is part of the insanity that some of us get caught up in. See a Dr. for help with your detox, it can be dangerous.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome to the family, madamwine. We're glad you're here.

rhorho - Welcome to you, too.

Madame - I was in a terrible state when I found SR. Believe me, the people here pulled me though a frightening time. I was drinking round the clock, afraid to let go of it. What was once just for fun had turned into a necessity - I'd become completely dependent on it. I had to have it in my system at all times or I'd shake. That meant drinking at work, and driving when I shouldn't have. It had to end. It was stealing my happiness, my spirit. It was putting me - and others - in danger. You won't regret making this decision. I'm glad you've reached out for help. You can do this.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

to the family! The only way out is through, so please see a doctor for medical help in getting safely thru w/d. Then some sort of plan or program to help you stay sober. It can be done, don't think it can't. I felt like the most hopeless drunk (also a wino) and now I have three years sober. Don't give up!
Old 02-10-2013, 03:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

First of all see a doctor and be truthfull - they don't judge - they have heard it all. I was in your situation, I didn't drink in the am, but I am sure it's where I would have ended up. My bloodpressure was high, and if I'm really truthfull, I had to have my two front teeth capped, because the acid in the wine destroyed them. I am only 4 weeks sober, and I never thought I would make it thru the first night, but I did and now I feel sooooooo much better!!! I have had some hard nights (that's when i drank - from dinner to bedtime), but I will log on here and read about others going through the same thing and I know I can do this... You can do this.. I never thought I could but I'm doing it and SO CAN YOU!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I too am a wine girl. Red. , white , no matter. There is something about wine that gives you a special buzz. It's instant. This week I cut wine out completely just said no way I'm not buying it. I havnt. I have replaced with cider ( pretty lame I know ) but even just doing that made me feel better. God it's hard isn't it ? Look I'm pretty sure others will disagree with me but even if you can change it , stop the wine , I do think its am improvement. Go well x
Old 02-10-2013, 04:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Welcome Madamwine. I'm fairly new here myself (joined last week) I too am a wine drinker (bottle to 1.5, about 5 nights a week). I know how hard it is to stop. I stopped last Wed, broke it and drank bottle Friday night. Have remained sober last 2 days. Realize I cannot do it alone (like you I live alone) so am considering attending AA or LifeRing meeting this week. My question to you all is - I don't ever get those shakes. My drinking is at night mainly. I've not had any of the detox symptoms. (now sober 2 days) I hope I'm safe to have just stopped?
Old 02-10-2013, 04:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
~sb

stopping alcohol abruptly can be lethal

please see a doctor, whether or not you have "withdrawal symptoms" as they can be there but not apparent to us.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:20 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

ReadyAtLast,

Wow congratulations on 64 days!!!

I am constantly nervous... ANXIETY! Especially when I am late somewhere even if its just 2 minutes! Crazy! I don't have a doctor and don't know where to go..
Old 02-10-2013, 05:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post

I had to have it in my system at all times or I'd shake. That meant drinking at work, and driving when I shouldn't have.
Dear Hevyn,

Thank you for welcoming me here. I am in the same position as you were... Thank you for sharing.... I feel like I am not alone I thought it was only me who is constantly drinking and can get out of this terrible circle...

Thank you..
Old 02-10-2013, 05:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Tammy47,

Thank you for sharing and 2 days sober is a HUGE!!!!! I can't do even one! The funny thing that when I drink wine (only white) I have energy and bright ideas! Sound so silly...

I am very happy that you are considering to go to AA meetings. I guess I need to find those too in my area...

Thank you!
Old 02-10-2013, 05:40 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Madam

You are DEFINITELY not alone here.
There are so many of us that have experienced similarities of what you are going through right now. I am pretty new to this myself (35 days) and I was scared and sick and did actually seek medical advice. Embarrassing, maybe... But the best thing I ever did!!!
First and foremost be safe and kind to yourself and seek some medical help if you need to. Most ER's see this routinely and can help a great deal.
Be safe and check in here often! We are here, but can't help you medically... only offer our support and love.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Okay thanks Sugar - I really had no idea... feel scared now.

Madam, I normally cant do even 1 or 2. But my mother stays with me 2 nights a week and I just dont do it when she is here, otherwise it would be 7 and not 5 nights. I know exactly how you feel though. The wine makes me feel great (or so I think) and then I suffer with guilt, embarassment etc the following day. So sick of it. Yes I spent last 2 days at home to avoid going near shop! and looked up local AA and Life ring meetings, have taken down all details (times and places) so that I can attend after work some night this week. If you are like me, you will probably need that outside support as its hard to do alone. Will let you know how it all goes. This post as you can see it so helpful, giving great support and advice. Will be thinking of you
Old 02-10-2013, 05:54 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

sorry, meant this "site" is so helpful!
Old 02-10-2013, 05:57 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hang tough Tammy! You can do this too!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

yes Tammy47,

Keep all us posted!!!!!