Notices

We need longer weekends!!! :)

Old 02-10-2013, 05:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile We need longer weekends!!! :)

Friday is wonderful because the weekend is here, Saturday is great because I finally get to sleep and wake-up WITHOUT the alarm clock, Sunday, the same, but it's Monday tomorrow and it's back to the grind again. We need longer weekends, they go by too quickly.

Anyway, it's a beautiful day out today, I was having a craving for a Cappuccino yesterday so I may have to go fulfill that temptation this morning. It's just a bit after 8AM and I'm already showered and teeth bushed (like I'd go anywhere without that taking place, should use mouthwash too! Ha ha!!)

I have to get myself enrolled back into school again soon also and I feel like I've finally got my son in the groove of doing what he needs to.

I saw at Gamestop yesterday that they're selling refurb'd Xboxes for $99 so I told him if he gets all A's & B's I'll buy him one. Of course to keep it he'll have to maintain his grades.

While this thread may not be compiled about sobriety and not drinking, and struggles it is a reflection of where I am even with my two week-after therapy-repeats, for the most part I am determined to do the right thing.

Another weekend down sober, and another upcoming week staying sober.

Hope you all have a great day!! Enjoy it, Monday is right around the corner. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

What could you do to make monday one of the favorite days in your week ?

I often let myself have a bacon and egg roll on the way too or from work on a monday

Bestwishes, M
Old 02-10-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
What could you do to make monday one of the favorite days in your week ?

I often let myself have a bacon and egg roll on the way too or from work on a monday

Bestwishes, M
Snap! I now get a Starbucks on the way into work on a Monday morning. I love the morning ritual and it feels more indulgent than getting one at the coffee barrister at work.

Vegi, l'd also love longer weekends but i'm still kind of getting used to all the gifted hours (sometimes days) not spent in bed nursing a hangover!

Great thread!

S x
Old 02-10-2013, 05:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It just is what it is Mecanix. I try to make every day a good day but Mondays are usually when I am inundated with many admits and my son and I get up and are leaving the house at 0'dark-hundred. Mondays are just a bit rough.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mondays are great for me or should I say Monday mornings are great for me because I am not sick anymore. Mondays were awful when I was drinking. By 4:00 pm I would be wasted again. Drinking at 10:30 am to handle withdrawal. Yeah I was at work handling that too. I am so glad it's over.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mornings are the New Night for me, love em
Old 02-10-2013, 06:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Yeh we tend to have a lot of pump blockages on the sewage works i work on , on a monday ... strange the out of hours workers don't want to put their gloves on get their knives out and hack at and untangle them over the weekend isn't it ?
Sometimes just the thought of a bacon & egg roll just takes the edge off though and somehow makes it all bareable , sometimes i don't even end up having one . It's just what gets you through in the moment i guess

Bestwishes, M
Old 02-10-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have been trying to plan one fun thing during the week to look forward to (Usually on Monday or Tuesday). Seems to make the work week more doable. Every Tuesday this month I'm going to a wellness class with a friend. I actually look forward to Tuesdays of all things!

I do agree. Just one more day for the weekend would be perfect!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mecanix response got me thinking about when I was a bartender and had a slogan to drink for every day of the week.
Mad Monday
Tainted Tuesday
Wacky Wednesday
Thirsty Thursday
Freaky Friday
Saturday- Ya, that didnt need a special name haha
Super Sunday

Yup. Mondays are def rough
Glad to hear you are doing well!
Old 02-10-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I do believe weekends should be 3, not 2 days... yet I don't have much of a problem with mondays. I kinda like my day job, and mondays I'm usually refreshed from finally getting sleep over the weekend. Tuesdays are the hardest for me. The refreshed feeling is gone, plus I'm now working a 15 hour day Tues and Thurs (only till June). Friday's are my favorite, fer sure. Especially so when I work a 5 day week. I have one of those incredibly rare jobs where I can work or not, and it nobody really cares except me, as I don't make any money if I don't. I get a real accomplished feeling every time I put in 5 days, which what I usually do.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Well, I have long been a proponent of the 4 on/3 off week...but the school board is hell bent on this 5 day thing

But let's say we eliminate Mondays...then Tuesday just becomes a "faux" Monday anyway...it's all in the mindset.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Joe Nerv View Post
I do believe weekends should be 3, not 2 days... yet I don't have much of a problem with mondays. I kinda like my day job, and mondays I'm usually refreshed from finally getting sleep over the weekend. Tuesdays are the hardest for me. The refreshed feeling is gone, plus I'm now working a 15 hour day Tues and Thurs (only till June). Friday's are my favorite, fer sure. Especially so when I work a 5 day week. I have one of those incredibly rare jobs where I can work or not, and it nobody really cares except me, as I don't make any money if I don't. I get a real accomplished feeling every time I put in 5 days, which what I usually do.
YES!!! Three days would be better. I like my job too, but it's not always fun, sometimes it's nutty and Mondays are generally the most chaotic, there is usually no slow start at our office and everyone there is usually going nuts!!

By Wednesday it calms down a bit and our Fridays are usually nice an easy.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Well, I have long been a proponent of the 4 on/3 off week...but the school board is hell bent on this 5 day thing

But let's say we eliminate Mondays...then Tuesday just becomes a "faux" Monday anyway...it's all in the mindset.
I concur on that Sober, my son would go for that too.

ivegotsunshine ~ Yes, I'm doing great, thank you! Glad you are too.