Notices
View Poll Results: What kind of trust helped you most to become sober?
Trust in a higher power
18.90%
Trust in those who have succeeded before you
24.39%
Trust in a method or program of recovery
6.71%
Trust in the medical community
1.22%
Trust in yourself
43.90%
Other
4.88%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

What kind of trust helped you most to become sober ?

Old 05-24-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

i would have to say i trusted in the people of aa as they had all the same problems as me and the only thing they had was the courage to be honest with me about me yet they were only talking about themselves : )
then came trusting someone to be my sponsor and he is my best mate in the whole world a lovely kind caring man who was once a selfish self centred nasty human being. he is almost 40 years sober and when i go off on one he starts to smile or laugh and that now tell me i am not seeing something about how i am behaving these days

aa is my higher power as i trust the spirit of the rooms
but it takes a long time and many many battles to get there to find a trust in anything outside of yourself
i thought i could fix myself but had to try to fix myself and fail many many times in life over years before i gave in and knew i just needed help

the day i honestly asked for help was the first day i seen i couldn't do it on my own
Old 05-24-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
...not falling down them

I was sick and ashamed when I quit. It was the women who listened to me cry and talk it out that helped me most. Most of that stuff went away as I stayed clean.

Now I rarely experience those feelings I had in the beginning. Today it's a combination of women in my support network and a spiritual program that helps me.