Notices

All i think about is drinking ?

Old 02-09-2013, 10:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

All i think about is drinking ?

Its contently on my mind . I dont want to drink , because i know i have a problem . But im not in the darkest hole , and i think if i drink it wont affect me . I hear about people getting clean and happy , but its been 6 days and i still feel depressed , i thought i would be happy . And i lose faith when i see how happy people are and im not . Im proud of them though , im not jealous , i just wish i could feel like them and have the support they have . All i think about is negative things happen to me in the past and i cant get over . People dont know it though i dont tell no one my problems and when im around people i try and make them feel good or happy . When im alone its the worst . My minds all over the place. I have no idea if this is the right place to even post this but i dont know where else , im new here
Old 02-09-2013, 10:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi hamsammich

I think you have to take into account how long you've been drinking...if you're like me you've drunk for years - 6 days is awesome, but I think it's just the start of the recuperation process.

Thats not to say you'll feel as badly as this forver - far from it - things can and will improve but, yeah early recovery's not easy.

That's why supports so important. It really makes a difference when you know you're not doing this thing alone

do you have any other support or is it SR it, HS?

D
Old 02-09-2013, 10:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have been drinking heavily for three years , things are still cloudy now . But im hoping this site does me some good . Ive liked it so far , and the people are really nice . But i just dont know what to do now

Thanks though i appreciate it
Old 02-09-2013, 10:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
instant

It took time for my thinking and emotions ( not to mention sleep and energy) to settle down, but they did in time.

It was very overwhelming in the beginning.

Hang in there and find something you enjoy to focus on.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes it definitely took time for me to start feeling anything like hope in the beginning. Hang in there, I'm glad you are here SR helped me a lot!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Been there and done that, hamsammich. In the past I could stay sober for stretches, but I wasn't happy, and I was always planning my next drunk. I wanted to be sober, knew I needed to be sober, but that nagging voice in my head was relentlessly telling me to drink. And every unpleasant emotion seemed amplified. Someone would would cut me off in traffic and that voice would scream, "Dammit, I need a drink!"

Reading around and participating in these forums I've learned more about why I have that voice, what it is, and how it operates. That knowledge has given me new tools in coping with that voice. He hasn't gone away, but he doesn't bother me nearly so much as he once did.

Best of Luck!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

give it time. you will feel better. It does get better and better.At 6 days your body and mind are still adjusting.congrats on 6 days