Notices

Another New Start

Old 02-09-2013, 04:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another New Start

Hello! I have read the posts here and really liked the support everyone gives each other! I am a recovering alcoholic, again, and think this site can be very helpful..especially when I can't attend an AA meeting. I did some outpatient tx in Oct. 2012 and was sober for 40 days, relapsed. I did inpatient tx for 22 days in Jan, was sober 24 days, relapsed, and now am sober again for 5 days. I'd like to stay sober, but it is hard. I was prescribed an anti-depressant inpatient and that is beginning to help. I know this is long but that's my story. I look forward to chatting with both people in early sobriety and "old-timers" who have so much knowledge to share. One problem..I'm practically computer illiterate!!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

no problem hawkeyefan - just go at your own speed here

welcome to SR

D
Old 02-09-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Well, you came through loud and clear hawkeye . We are so glad you've joined us.

SR meant the world to me when I came crawling in here in '07. I felt my anxiety level go down right away. Knowing I wasn't alone in the fight meant everything.

Congratulations on your five days. You can do this.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Faith and reason

Welcome, Hawkeye! I've only been a SR member for a month but I've found the support here has really helped me and boosted the rest of my recovery plan.

I'm not very computer literate either, but if you can type - which you obviously can, very well - you'll be just fine here, or anywhere on the internet.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome hawkeye from me too....and yes, I agree, you're 'coming through loud and clear' :-)

Computer illiterate? Nooo...you'll be fine here. It's a very well laid out site, with lots of tech help (somewhere or other :-)) and you can always post one of the online moderators to ask a specific question about the ins n outs of posting / quoting / all those techie type things.

Wishing you all the very best!
Old 02-09-2013, 04:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, felt exactly the same the relief was instant, it has become a nightly routine to log on and recieve and offer support.
Your meds will take the edge off so you can concentrate on staying sober, really brave of you to dust of and keep going, we can do it .
Old 02-09-2013, 06:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

Are you living in Iowa? I was there for a few years in the 1980's.