Notices

Just been quiet

Old 04-02-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Just been quiet

I have not posted in a few days. I just could not seem to find the desire to speak. All words seemed pointless. Not a dark place at all. Just very still. Quiet. Unassuming about everything. I get like this sometimes. I just don't want to say a single word to anyone. Yet it's not like there a bunch of things going on in the old noodle either.

I have been lurking here. Reading. There was one in particular. The poster conveyed that 99% of drinking is fun. Then there is 1% that is dark. The blackouts and such.

I read about a lot of things including Kabbalah. Yes the Madonna thing. Red string thing. But pop stars aside there is a concept that this post made me think a bit more about and apply to my addictions.

Kabbalist's speak about us living in the 1%. Home to chaos and egos. And then there is the 99%. The light and goodness of the universe. Heady concepts to say the least.

Compare this to the post and to my own experience as an alcoholic and addict and it made me smile.

Sobriety cannot be coerced. I must embrace it.

The more time sober the more I revel in my 99%. The more light I have. The more energy I have. The more hope I have.

Thought I would try and say hello today. Hope you all stay sober and have a good day!

K
Old 04-02-2013, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Weasel,
Thank you for sharing that. I read that 99% post as well. I too must embrace my sobriety.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for this post Ken. I've been silent for a few days. I was worried that I've got depression, but I think I need the space and silence. Too often we rush to fix something that doesn't need fixing.

I'm off to google Kaballah now, never looked into it but you've got me intrigued!

S x
Old 04-02-2013, 05:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
The poster conveyed that 99% of drinking is fun. Then there is 1% that is dark. The blackouts and such.
Funny thing is, i believed that 20 years ago. Now i don't. I wonder if that poster will someday say "what i wrote in the past is not what i believe now".
Kabballah sounds like a much healthier way to live.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sazzle... Good frame of mind. I too just needed to uncluttered for a bit. Feel emotions without all the drama of them. I took strolls. Got ice cream. Took care of little things around the house I always wanted to do.

The silence and calm was just want I needed before that next big push towards my new goals and changes.

Smile today!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Hey Ken! Nothing wrong with being still sometimes. Sometimes we need a break from "doing" so we can just enjoy "being." It's a great way to recharge ourselves and to experience joy from just the little things. Good for you.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

DS! So good to see you back! Missed you!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I think I made up for your absence. Well, in total posting volume, anyways. My keyboard is smoking! I can't make up for your calming presence. Please take a hall pass and sign out at the office the next time you want to go off by yourself.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The light and goodness of the UNIVERSE!

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.- Marianne Williamson

I thank you Ken. Very thought provoking.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Loved your post Ken. As I always do.

I, too, get quiet at times. Sometimes it's for a few hours. Sometimes it's for days at a time. I think it's our soul letting us know that we need to just stop. The most important things come from inside ourselves.

I also read the 99% post. Honestly, I stopped having fun drinking many, many years ago. I was nothing more than a slave to it during the last 15 years. I grew to loathe it. I needed it but I hated it.

So glad to "see" you again. I always miss you when you go AWOL!!
Old 04-02-2013, 08:55 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Choosing Life

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
DS! So good to see you back! Missed you!
I missed you too! Great to see that you are still fighting the good fight, buddy!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by weasel1966
The more light I have. The more energy I have. The more hope I have.
and the more that shines out to others. I've missed you...but you already knew that I'm sure. xo
Old 04-02-2013, 09:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great place to be. A quiet reflective mind. Meditative really. Good on you!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I also have periods where I'm less inclined to post. Not for any grand reasons either. I think it's the tides of recovery and working on ourselves. Your part about living in the 1% and 99% really helped me today. I tend to let negative things in one part of my life adversely effect my other areas of life. Right now a work situation seems to be taking over my down time and I need to really enjoy the good parts anyways.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Nice to hear from you, Ken!

I tried to be quiet here for a day, and in typical alcoholic fashion only made it about 16 hours. But I really enjoyed just reading things here for a while.

Your posts are indeed calming!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Superb post, Ken. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.