SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Starting again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/283759-starting-again.html)

Change4Better 02-09-2013 10:18 AM

Starting again

I feel horrible today. Only venturing out of bed to eject the gatorade i can't keep down. Can't even call this my day 1 because I drank into the wee hours of the morning last night. Feeling scared, frustrated, sick, ashamed...all the bad emotions that are the side effects of another epic blackout binge. I'm going to start again, day 1 tomorrow, but jeez if only hangovers had fast forward buttons. Ugh. Starting meetings on Monday, that is if I don't feel terrible still.

mecanix 02-09-2013 10:30 AM

Great to see you C4b ,

Keep on making the right decisions .

Bestwishes, M

vegibean 02-09-2013 10:37 AM

Ugh, sounds like it was a bad one. :(

Feel better soon, and hope you can get back on your feet soon.

It's funny, because Friday would normally be a day where I'd want to drink but really, after a long week, I'm happy coming home and just relaxing, and I enjoy feeling awesome the next day.

Not to say I'm better, if you see my post on the board, it's when my head is swimming in much stuff that I've picked up over the last couple of weeks. I feel for ya.

ReadyAtLast 02-09-2013 10:37 AM

welcome back change,hope you feel better soon

SoberBella1 02-09-2013 10:42 AM

Thank you for your post C4B. The voice in my head is telling me it is ok to drink today. I am trying to ignore it but your post helped me to realize I do not want to deal with the
hangover you are going through. Please pick yourself up & start again & thank you for helping me today.

Dee74 02-09-2013 12:05 PM

welcome back C4B :)

D

Anna 02-09-2013 12:11 PM

I remember feeling the same way. Just know that you never have to go through this again.

Change4Better 02-09-2013 03:35 PM

Woke up a couple of hours ago with an awesome feeling... hunger! lol I think the worst is over. In the past, I have been assuming that such a horrible experience as this is/was would be enough fuel to stop me from drinking. You know, the lazy approach to getting sober. Totally NOT working for me!!

What I am going to do differently:
- Go to meetings, especially Friday nights. Maybe twice those nights.
- After this wk (when the nightsweats stop), start an exercise program
- Rediscover at least ONE hobby. Or pick up a new one. Anything to fill my time and my mind. Never more apparent than in my drinking life how dangerous my idle hands can be. *shudder*

Thanks for everyone's support on this site. I didn't hesitate for a moment to air my misery here, I knew I would find support and no one would kick me while I was down. *hugs*

Hevyn 02-09-2013 03:37 PM

Hi Change. So glad to see you! I'm glad the worst is over. You never have to go back to that horrible place again. :)

Coldfusion 02-09-2013 03:40 PM

Change, it's good to see someone going at this with a plan (meetings, etc). Your chances of success are above average!

bigsombrero 02-09-2013 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Change4Better (Post 3812099)

What I am going to do differently:
- Go to meetings, especially Friday nights. Maybe twice those nights.
- After this wk (when the nightsweats stop), start an exercise program
- Rediscover at least ONE hobby. Or pick up a new one. Anything to fill my time and my mind. Never more apparent than in my drinking life how dangerous my idle hands can be. *shudder*

Those are pretty lofty goals there. Do you worry that maybe you are setting your expectations too high? You are planning ahead for the whole week already - in my experience I needed daily, sometimes hourly goals just to make it through the early goings. For me, keeping my thoughts and goals realistic and in-the-moment was most helpful early on. Good luck.