Notices

Back Again

Old 02-09-2013, 05:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back Again

Hi Everyone!

I'm back to try sobriety again! I'm 31 years old, trying to live a healthy, active lifestyle. I've been drinking since high school - with no real period of sobriety (a month or two here and there) . Three years ago I moved to a city 4 hours away from where I grew up - from my family and friends. At first it was great; I was running, exploring, starting fresh. Then the luxury wore off and loneliness, laziness, and boredom set in and for probably over a year now, I've been drinking almost every night. I've gained 30lbs and am unhappy. I need to make a change - no more booze, no more junk food and need to get off my a$$ ( much easier to do without a hangover). I want to be the woman I know I can be!
Today is day 1 - hopefully for the last time!

Thanks everyone for posting and giving me motivation to do this!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Welcome back I could have written your post a few years ago. Now, I'm 4 years sober and recovered, and I am the person I knew I could be, you can totally do it too!!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds like you've had glimmers of what it is like to live a life free from alcohol.

I know for me, many years ago, I confused serenity with boredom.

Best to you.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I love the positive attitude on Day 1. You can do this!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Glad you're back, Angela! Just keep that motivation going and take it a day at a time - you can do this!

You can learn from your relapse and be even more prepared now. If we know what leads up to that first drink and what we're looking for in alcohol that we're not giving ourselves, we can work on some new solutions to those things. Good for you for making a new start!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back, Angela!

It sounds like you know you want and need to make some changes in your life. We're here to offer support.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Angela

D
Old 02-09-2013, 12:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Angela, I agree with what Received said, that boredom is way better than chaos, and something to be thankful for sure. I used to look at it that way, I was bored but it was better than anxiety, feeling like crap, issues with X husband. Glad you're back and good luck, I know you can do it too!!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I should also thank SR for finally developing an iPhone app making it easier for me to post - I don't own a computer so being able to post through the app is 100x easier than the website for me! I hope day 2 feels as good as day 1!
Old 02-10-2013, 05:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you Angela! I am back as well..and ready to starting finding and being myself again. Alcohol is so destructive, mentally, physically, and spiritually. I too have only reached a month or two here or there, but I still feel proud of those achievements and you should too! We know how good it can feel, and we want that back again, for good.