Notices

I Am In Folks!!! Are You?

Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Am In Folks!!! Are You?

Everyday millions of people throw their lives away to alcohol? Many will not find the program of AA .

Everyday people die from this illness .

Everyday, people throw their lives away for the next drink .

Alcoholism has the capability to completely control one’s life, I know!! It controlled mine .

I faced death daily though I wouldn't admit it at the time .

Because of this illness me and many others had to face jails, prisons, institutions and hospitals.

I have no choice but to pay the consequences, or surrender and work a program of recovery .

I realize now that it is never to late to surrender to a power greater than myself, and accept that I am alcoholic .

But I found out that I never Have To drink again, Even If I Want To!!!!!

I am taking my recovery one day at a time, one moment at a time, and just for today I stay sober .

The 12 Step Fellowship works .

It worked for me a few times until I stopped working for it .

For many years now, people have regained their lives, and now have choices . I am moving forward with hope . Sometimes it is easy for me and sometimes it is hard .

But this fact remains: If I follow the suggestions of this program, then I will stay sober .

Yes, a lot of people in recovery relapse and go back to their old way of life, me included .

Maybe I/They didn’t want their recovery .

Maybe They/I didn’t work the Steps. They/I didn’t go to the suggested 90 meetings in 90 days, they didn’t get a sponsor, and they didn’t follow the suggestions of the program . I actually did do all those things but.....

For me I didn't want to call other women in recovery, I held onto that idea that I could do this alone .

And though I didn't relapse on alcohol, I did abuse non alcoholic cough medicine and I did change my DOS. Today I have a conscience .

I am realizing if I want to stay sober and never look back, then I have to continuously step forward, not be complacent, and gain acceptance, honesty, and willingness .

Because alcoholism is so powerful, it is gonna take work to move forward in my recovery .

I should know this I was sober before a few times for almost 3 yrs more than once .

The old threadbare idea that this time we should handle ourselves like other people. WRONG!!

I suppose either I put forth the work or I face the alternative which is getting drunk and facing all those consequences again .

Do I really want that ? I really don't want to go back to that desperation of needing the 1st drink .

The more work I put in ,the better my life will become .

A whole new way of life is being offered to me , a way to overcome my alcoholism with it's deadly effects .

I have tasted recovery more than once and it was a special time in my life .

Do I want to throw my life away to this? Haven't I given away enough already? .

I need to follow in the footsteps of other members of the Fellowship .

I am not alone in this fight .

We are all here for each other, to help each other, comfort each other, and help all who desire a new way to live .

It still amazes me how many people recover, and move forward in their lives from working this program .

I am so inspired .

The 12 Steps, and all the suggestions and guidance that the Fellowship provides us, truly saves lives and is gonna save mine too .

I know from my personal experience that I cannot recover on my own .

This new way to life is available to all who have the desire . A desire to stop drinking is the only requirement .

I am in Folks!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Thanks, Deeker!

I'm workin' it too, and it's workin' for me!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Glad you've found a program that works for you.

My experience has been different. I've gotten and stayed sober with the help of a few close friends, family members and SR.

Whatever method we choose, let's all work together toward the common goal of a life free of the bonds of alcohol
Old 02-09-2013, 05:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

When we refer to our addictions in the past tesnse it's a good sign of what's to come. Good for you!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending;
and to have the two as close together as possible - George Burns

Old 02-09-2013, 06:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks deeker, great positive post. I'm glad we CAN all support each other. What a great community.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I found u weasel

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
When we refer to our addictions in the past tesnse it's a good sign of what's to come. Good for you!
Weasel I am so glad you commented on my post. Cuz I did not know how to search for your posts. Now i can lol. Thanks