SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Off the opiates 8 days. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/283594-off-opiates-8-days.html)

Music man 02-07-2013 01:50 PM

Off the opiates 8 days.

When does the energy return? When will I smile again. Why is everything so down?

I keep trying to do stuff but feel just so sad about it all.

YouRmySunshine 02-07-2013 01:58 PM

I don't have first hand experience with opiates, but have learned from being in treatment with not just alcoholics like myself, but All kinds of Substance abusers, that it could take a while, but most important it is different for everybody & especially important to not compare your pace of recovery with anyone else. We recently went over PAWS in group the other day stands for (Post acute withdrawal syndrome) which I found very helpful in understanding why some things were not happening at the pace I was hoping for.

~All the Best, Peace!

Dee74 02-07-2013 02:06 PM

I have no personal experience but I think it probably takes more than 8 days MM.
Try and be good to yourself - and be patient :)

D

vegibean 02-07-2013 04:47 PM

Give it a bit more time, be grateful for where you are now, celebrate it!!! When is the last time you had 8 days sober? Huh?? Isn't that something to be smiling about? :)

You're not far from feeling better, keep it up, hang in there, don't give up!!!!

Anna 02-07-2013 06:30 PM

I hope you can find some positive feelings about your 8 days sober. You're doing great and you should take the time to congratulate yourself on your accomplishment. :)

Shining~Again 02-08-2013 05:34 AM

Once the withdrawal from oxy was done, my energy came back within the next couple weeks. Each day was a improvement and I had to take it slow due to back problems.
Since pain is something that brings my mood straight down...I was
pretty careful with everything for a month. Positive things helped keep my mind off
all the changes that came with stopping painkillers, all of them were simple: movies, surfing the interwebz, picture searching (fluffy bunny stuff).

I was laughing and able to hold up my end of conversations within...Mmm...yeah, by the 2nd week. I still hurt...but
got a huge thrill that I made it thru a really rotten time. I was proud of myself and that
changed everything!
Hang in there! It does get better.

Music man 02-08-2013 09:03 PM

So weird how one day makes a difference. I was in much better shape today.

I'm feeling "good" for the first time.

Thank God I stuck it out, I'm sure I will have off days till it's far behind me, but this certainly gives me hope of it happening sooner.

Coldfusion 02-08-2013 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Music man (Post 3811161)
I'm feeling "good" for the first time.

That's great to hear, MM!

Thanks for updating us here at SR!

muddtoy 02-09-2013 12:08 AM

congrats!! the first week is so hard,so pat your self on the back and be proud!! i am on day 39 sober from opiates ( this time).and just from my experience the first 2 weeks is so hard,you dont have energy so it hard to do things to keep your mind off of it all, I started feeling alot better at about 30 days.keep your head up :)

Dee74 02-09-2013 12:13 AM

welcome muddtoy :)

D