Notices

Comfortably uncomfortable

Old 02-05-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Comfortably uncomfortable

Take every emotion. Take every thought of what my future was to be. Take every plan I ever made for myself. Throw it all in the air. When it lands throw a dart at the pile and see what it hits.

Yup. That's where I am at.

And I can tell you honestly. That's ok for now. In fact it's needed.

Sobriety... This learning curve I am on... It requires me to be jumbled for a while. I cannot grow without it.

Every period of growth in my life has felt this way. So I figure I am doing something right.

A sense of being comfortably uncomfortable and going with it and not against it.

I am meeting up with a friend to discuss the event. Take another small step toward understanding.

It has been weeks since I did coke. I guess I should start counting in months soon. I feel great about that. My bank account feels even better.

No real point to this post other than to say that I am right where I should be. I like that.

Have a good sober Tuesday.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Learning to be uncomfortable is the hardest part of being sober for me.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Elisabeth888 View Post
Learning to be uncomfortable is the hardest part of being sober for me.
I totally agree. We are learning stuff we should have learned a long time ago. Learning how to deal with feelings, learning how to be an adult, learning how to have positive relationships, learning patience, the list goes on and on. None of it is easy and most of it takes me out of my comfort zone.

Sometimes I just get tired. So much new stuff thrown at me everyday but that is where a day at a time is so useful to me. When I get overwhelmed I just look at what is the next right thing to do and then try to do it.

So far it has worked well.