Notices

Why hello there

Old 02-05-2013, 02:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Why hello there

I'm 21 from New Zealand, 36 days sober now & looking forward to hitting one hundred. I joined to be able to meet people and talk to people going through the same things as me
No epic tales regarding my life as I'm not comfortable with that yet, but if you have any tips & tricks for beating triggers/cravings please let me know
Old 02-05-2013, 03:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Bunny7. I think you should be able to find a few helpfull tricks here. The main one for me was having s.r. available anytime I wanted to come here and read. Lots of people here. Time management was a huge issue for me so iwoild just read. Hope that helps abit. Good luck.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Bunny

Welsome to SR and congrats on your 36 days sober.

Day 36 for myself and SR is my life line at the moment. I was thinking maybe you should introduce yourself in the class of January, there is a bunch of us who all started out in January so can share similar milestones, or even the class of February as a newbie to the site.

Good luck and keep posting
Old 02-05-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Bunny! There's a lot of great support on this site.
One thing that helps me is reminding myself that while a craving is temporary, the consequences of what happens when I drink might be forever. I listen to my brain trying to convince me to have just one drink and basically think of it as something outside myself trying to lure back into a life I don't want anymore. I don't need to give in to that pressure!
-Alison
Old 02-05-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just remember the best person you want to be. I cave sometimes and have one or two but can't continue. I like the first taste but deplore what it will do to me if I overindulge. I guess fear of what might happen kills my cravings for false euphoria. Having another way to achieve the same feeling (i.e., a genuine unfettered human relationship free of all chemicals but human pheromones) also helps.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Bunny

This technique was useful for me:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...e-surfing.html

D