Notices

My Husband - Relapsed on "pot" and spice"

Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RealtorGirl

My Husband - Relapsed on "pot" and spice"

I have been married to my husband for 5 1/2 years. He is a "Pot" and "Spice" addict. He recently went through a very expensive rehab program. He has been out for 2 months and I just caught him using this again this morning. I have suspected this for weeks now. My instincts were right and I now know he has been lying to me.

I am devastated! I am trying to figure out what to do. I haven't even cried yet, which I normally would do, but I think I am just in shock and disbelief.

I put my heart and soul, as well did my 17 year old daughter into supporting him at the in-house rehab facility. I was there every day to support him and participate in the family counseling, group counseling and meetings. It was very hard on me, but I truly believed it was worth it in the end. While he was there I made it very clear that I will not tolerate or continue living that lifestyle. I am a professional and that is just not part of what I believe in.

I am in shock right now and I don't know what to do. It hurts because we just celebrated his birthday this past Saturday night with the whole family at a very special resteraunt. What a lier!!!
I think I want him out of the home and at least have a separation. I also feel like I have been supporting him financially while he struggles with a "career" that has gone nowhere and has caused us a lot of arguments.

I don't know what to to I just know that I don't want to see him and I don't want to talk to him right now. I am in my home office while he sits at the kitchen computer with his laptop. We are renting an expensive home that I cannot afford alone. Please someone - offer some advice!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

what is "spice?"
Old 02-04-2013, 09:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

So sorry you are going through this. I can't offer a whole lot advice. I certainly can't tell you that you should leave. I can tell you though, as an addict and alcoholic, that until your husband wants to recover, for himself, he won't.

Please see our friends and family of substance abuseer forum for support:

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Recognizes the Beast

Originally Posted by caboblanco View Post
what is "spice?"
I could be wrong, but I believe it's basically synthetic weed, a kind of bath salts.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nomis View Post
I could be wrong, but I believe it's basically synthetic weed, a kind of bath salts.
Synthetic, weed. Not really similar to bath salts. You can buy spice at most smoke shops
Old 02-04-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What did he go to rehab for? Weed and spice or something different?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I thought bath salts were more like amphetamines?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by doggonecarl View Post
So sorry you are going through this. I can't offer a whole lot advice. I certainly can't tell you that you should leave. I can tell you though, as an addict and alcoholic, that until your husband wants to recover, for himself, he won't.

Please see our friends and family of substance abuseer forum for support:

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
I just wanted to echo this thought, and say welcome!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Realtor Girl

I'm sorry for your situation, but I know you'll find a lot of support here - please do check pout the link Carl posted

D
Old 02-04-2013, 03:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My cousin smokes that spice stuff. It is bad news. It makes him talk like he is drunk or something when he is on it. Hope your husband and you can get past this.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you are going through this, but SR is a good place to come to for support.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I think that your own ideas are your own answers. I don't think anyone really gets it sometimes until they really hit a bottom. I think it's great that you supported him but you warned him that if he was using again you'd kick him out. Often we already know the answers but we're afraid of what will happen when we act on them.

You deserve to be happy, and you need to take care of yourself. I think I know what I would do if I were you, but you also have to get to the point when you've had enough also.

Addiction as you know does not affect just the addict, but everyone around them, and I don't think that's fair to you.

Good luck, I know others will give you some advice as well.