SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   New to Online Fellowship (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/283152-new-online-fellowship.html)

FiveYearsYoung 02-03-2013 06:06 AM

New to Online Fellowship

Looking forward to the benefits of other people's experience working the 12 step program and applying it to life. Although I've stayed sober 5 years, I've not done that alone and I still feel like a baby when it comes to life. Glad to be here all the same.

artsoul 02-03-2013 06:28 AM

Welcome FiveYearsYoung!

Great to have you here! I think you'll find lots of inspiration and support - and you might want to check out the 12-step forum as well:
Alcoholism-12 Step Support - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Congratulations on 5 years sober - that's excellent!:c011:

vegibean 02-03-2013 06:41 AM

Hey Five, welcome to SR and congratulations on your five years, EXCELLENT!!! Hope you'll stick around and keep posting. :)

paul99 02-03-2013 11:59 AM

Five years is awesome...congrats!

Catch you here and on the 12 step forums!

Joe Nerv 02-03-2013 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by FiveYearsYoung (Post 3803091)
Looking forward to the benefits of other people's experience working the 12 step program and applying it to life. Although I've stayed sober 5 years, I've not done that alone and I still feel like a baby when it comes to life. Glad to be here all the same.

Welcome. I've been sober a while and just started getting involved here a few months ago. If you dive in, you will find there is a whole lot you can learn here. Having AA and the 12 steps as my main tool for sobriety and life, I find it interesting (and refreshing) to read about how other things work for other people. I also find it sad however that there is a lot of anti AA sentiment going around. It's clearly not the answer for everyone, and there are many at this forum who's beliefs are the polar opposite of those who work the 12 steps. The amazing thing to me is that we all still get along pretty well. :) This is a great place to practice "live and let live", and an equally great place to practice opening my mind up. Lots of very interesting information at this forum, and lots of things you'll never see or hear in AA.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I've been enjoying it.

Anna 02-03-2013 12:37 PM

Welcome!

freshstart57 02-03-2013 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by FiveYearsYoung (Post 3803091)
Although I've stayed sober 5 years, I've not done that alone and I still feel like a baby when it comes to life. Glad to be here all the same.

Welcome, FiveYearsYoung, glad you found us. Five years of sobriety is a great achievement.

Feeling like 'a baby when it comes to life' is called having 'beginner's mind'.
"Beginner's mind embodies the highest emotional qualities such as enthusiasm, creativity, zeal, and optimism. With beginner's mind, there is boundlessness, limitlessness, an infinite wealth."
You are only limited by your imagination, free to manifest your natural powers, talents and abilities. You are a lucky man.

Impurrfect 02-03-2013 04:07 PM

Welcome to SR and congratulations on 5 years!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Dee74 02-03-2013 11:48 PM

welcome to SR :)

D

least 02-04-2013 01:24 AM

:welcome