Notices

Super Bowl Sunday ~ Who's your team? What are you doing?

Old 02-03-2013, 08:20 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Go 49ers!!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:25 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Puppy Bowl

Go little labbies!
Old 02-03-2013, 09:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Wow!! Lot's of 49er's fans. Very cool.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Pulling for the niners. Ordering Wings and pizza! I figure I will binge on food instead of alcohol this year.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey vegi!

Yes, Giants. I got into football in South Dakota many years ago while in the Air Force. S.Dak doesn't have a pro team, so I chose Green Bay (always wanted one of those goofy cheeseheads)! As for Giants, hubby likes Giants, and, after all, we are from NY so we gotta root for a NY team (when Packers aren't playing, that it)!

Go niners!!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

On Tuesday we went to Islands for dinner. They had a sign on the door that said burger and beer for $10 on Sunday for the big game. I asked my husband there's a big game on Sunday? He chuckled and said yeah hon the Super Bowl.

I'm hoping there's a hockey game on somewhere!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:10 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

team sober here - cheering for Randy Moss to win that SB ring
Old 02-03-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
On Tuesday we went to Islands for dinner. They had a sign on the door that said burger and beer for $10 on Sunday for the big game. I asked my husband there's a big game on Sunday? He chuckled and said yeah hon the Super Bowl.

I'm hoping there's a hockey game on somewhere!
I see you're in "CA", I'm guessing you'll be cheering for the 49er's by default??

LindaLou ~ Yes, then I guess the Giants makes sense, we had our year last year, how cool. It was such a close game too, I stopped watching in the 3rd quarter and my BF yells to me "Honey, put the game on, your team is about to win!" Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Really good thread veggie - I got nosy and checked your profile and saw you're an HR person. You remind me of my HR person at work - she's cool.
Kinda like 49's here - if just to see what the kid QB is gonna do.

Nonsensical:
I am calling in sick to my friend's party (I find the words "explosive diarrhea" will get me out of just about anything with very little discussion)
Ha! I used that excuse when I was a teenager calling in sick to work. I remember when I first used it - just made it up on the fly. They couldn't hang up the phone fast enough! LOL

Oh - almost forgot. I got my first High Def flat screen TV yesterday morning so I'll be here getting my money's worth. AND spent a couple sober nights putting together the Ikea wall thningee the TV is resting on - couldn't of done that drunk.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thanks ClearLight, I like to think of myself as a cool person.

I don't do tons of HR though, I am lucky to have many different projects at a time, keeps things new and interesting. I work at a great place, there is hardly any turn over in employees, everyone has been there for years! I will have been there 3 years in April. I'm so lucky and blessed, and I have great boss too, I work directly for the Executive Director. He's a great guy.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Another Harbaugh wrinkle: John Harbaugh's son, Jay, is an intern for the 49ers, working for his uncle, Jim. So he is trying to help his uncle beat his dad's team! One thing for sure, there will be some harware in the Harbaugh family in a few hours.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

My very first SOBER Super Bowl!!! I may even remember the commercials this year
We are having our grandsons (8 & 3) over so I decided I would spend the beer money on junk food
Went to the grocery store got all my junk food, got up to the register to pay and my credit card and license wasn't in my pocket. Went out to the car to look for it, up to the courtesy desk, all through the store, back to the car and couldn't find them.
So I went to tell the cashier that I couldn't find them and ask where she put my order so I could go through everything. Did that, didn't find them so I went to the courtesy desk to give them my phone number. It was a different lady than I asked before and lo and behold she said they did have it! Yay!!
On my home it dawned on me that through all of that frustration I not once thought that I needed a drink!!! Wow, that is huge for me!
Now, I will go reward myself with ice cream, Doritos, donuts, spinach dip, pizza, etc., etc., etc.,
Old 02-03-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

YAY!!!!! tryinghard. Yeah, I was always smashed for the Super Bowl, this will be my sixth year not wasted. Even though I relapsed, I didn't drink last year either.

I'm glad you got through the store successfully. Enjoy the treats.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I am a Redskin fan, so still mourning our playoff loss when RG3 should have been taken out when we were winning 14-0!!! Going to my mother in laws house, combination Superbowl party and 5oth bday for one of my brother in laws. Make your own pizzas all day. Actually, I better get off of SR and get ready.

As for the game, Go Niners!!!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 12:18 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Im a Cheese head ,Packers fan..not really a fan of either team but im leaning towards the Ravens .let Ray Lewis ride off on his white horse with a Super Bowl ring in his final game
Old 02-03-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I'm cheering for SF only because I have them winning by 6 in my pool. Sadly my Bills were the same old Bills this year and were officially eliminated from the playoffs after week 2 With that said I'm not even going to watch the game. Just over a month sober and way too many memories or lack thereof on past Superbowls. It was just another excuse to get completely wasted. It's been a tough day for sure but I'll get through it. Stay sober friends and enjoy the game
Old 02-03-2013, 12:30 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I get excited on superbowl sunday for 2 things. I get to go shop at a completely empty supermarket. And I get to record the puppy bowl, which keeps one of my cats entertained for hours. She loves it.

The superbowl makes me think of pancakes.

When I was a kid, my brothers both loved, loved, LOVED pancakes. I didn't. The rare times my mom made them, they got crazy excited, and I couldn't share in that excitement. I have to make the best of this day by getting excited about shopping, and my cat.

Hope everyone else has a great time too.
Old 02-03-2013, 12:42 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Alva:
It's been a tough day for sure but I'll get through it.
If you stay sober through the day you'll have won your own personal Super Bowl. Go for it.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vegibean View Post
I see you're in "CA", I'm guessing you'll be cheering for the 49er's by default??
I usually just root against whoever my husband is rooting for just to make it more interesting.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:22 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hmmm... Put some money on it and make even more interesting.