Notices

I'm free!

Old 02-03-2013, 02:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm free!

I can't sleep much at all right now, but I'm through the worst of it. I know that this too shall pass. Nothing or no one has control over me any longer. As ironic as it is, I'm a production coach and motivational speaker. I had extensive dental work and then within a few months I had major neck surgery. Before I knew it, I was relying on my medication just to get out of bed. I felt like I was losing control of my life as I once knew it. I've only been sober for six days and it was one of the hardest things I've ever been through. I just kept telling myself I can beat this. I'm obviously battling insomnia, but the worst is over. I know it will be one day at a time, but the fabulous news is I am in control of my decisions now. I have a new appreciation for people of all walks of life that suffer from this horrible addiction. If you've ever told yourself that you're tired of all of it, take the first step. Regain your life back. You deserve it! The sooner you make the choice to take your life back, the sooner it will happen. I'm sure I'm not alone in trying to convince myself "right now is not a good time" and all of the other excuses we tell ourselves to avoid the detox. You are worthy of true happiness and independence. Stay strong!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Nice to see such a positive first post. Welcome!
Old 02-03-2013, 02:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

Well done on your decision, you are right the insomnia will pass and you will start feeling better than ever in a short while.

Are you in any recovery groups?? I started with aa and have sort of developed my own thing but I suggest you read and research addiction as much as you can in order to fully understand whatbyounare dealing with. As they say it's easy to stop, staying stopped is the hard part!!

Good luck
Old 02-03-2013, 02:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome to SR,lovely post