Notices

Loner

Old 02-02-2013, 10:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Loner

Im still sober ,heading into day 20 tomorrow for Superbowl. nice ..Ill be alone
I find that I dont want to be around anybody , My parents have left numerous messages ,even got my sister to text me to see if i was still alive i guess?they want to take me for lunch for my birthday.I really wish they would just leave me alone .
I also blatantly said No to a couple friends who wanted to come over and watch the game tomorrow..dont want them here, not because they will be drinking but because i dont want to be around anybody.
I havent said more than a few words to my wife all weekend.

Normal? I just like it this way
Old 02-02-2013, 10:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good to hear you are going on to day 20 tommorow.
Enjoy watching the game if you are watching.
I can understand wanting to be alone and not talking much but I would suggest saying a few sentences to your wife,and talking to your parents,Im sure all these people care about you and are on your side....

All the best.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ut. Oh. You sound depressed. Getting sober can do that. I have clinical depression and take medicine for it but what really seems to work is pushing through it, which is almost impossible when you get Down. So. Low.

This isn't good for you at all. And I know that you know that which is why you posted. You're not sad. You're not happy and you can't concentrate or listen to much..

Pray. Ask God for help.
It's a very simple prayer: God. Please Help Me.

Say this and mean it. It works. And you will have completed Step #2 in Alcoholics Anonymous.

He's waiting for you......
Old 02-02-2013, 10:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by junk33 View Post
Im still sober ,heading into day 20 tomorrow for Superbowl. nice ..Ill be alone I find that I dont want to be around anybody , My parents have left numerous messages ,even got my sister to text me to see if i was still alive i guess?they want to take me for lunch for my birthday.I really wish they would just leave me alone . I also blatantly said No to a couple friends who wanted to come over and watch the game tomorrow..dont want them here, not because they will be drinking but because i dont want to be around anybody. I havent said more than a few words to my wife all weekend. Normal? I just like it this way
I'm watching alone too!! I got out of at least 3 invites and am happy to relax and watch at home alone (husband is out of town)
Old 02-02-2013, 11:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thx , I say that prayer numerous times during the day everyday..ur right .im not sad and im not happy..im vanilla..and i dont wanna hear about how somebody's kids are doing..how uncle so and so is doing ? or how the trip to Hawaii was? ..couldnt care less..I like my alone time ..
Old 02-03-2013, 01:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi, I felt like that in the first month.It really does get better though,I felt much better at 45-50 days and feeling better every day since.It took years for us to get to this stage so I suppose it will take longer than a few days to be fully repaired. Congrats on 20 days ENjoy the superbowl
Old 02-03-2013, 04:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Argonaut

Congrats on your 20 days!

Being a loner isn't a bad thing. I have days/weeks when I want to be alone too, just to think things over. Perhaps you need time to get social again, perhaps alcohol made you too social, perhaps it's still a withdrawal symptom, the first few months are an emotional rollercoaster.

The only thing that matters is that you stay sober. If you want to do that alone, that's fine. If you need help on-line, SR is here for you.