Notices

Let's enjoy a sober weekend together

Old 02-01-2013, 12:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Let's enjoy a sober weekend together

Hello guys.

Some of us joined forces last week to get through the weekend sober. One or two of us hadn't managed a sober weekend for a very long time! However, by supporting each other and logging in regularly, we knew we had company and support.

Let's enjoy another weekend sober! (Friday is included of course). Share your plans for recovery and any anxieties or stresses you may have. I'm lucky because there's a late night AA meeting on Friday in my city (it starts at 9.30pm) and I plan to go to that tonight. I'll log in regularly over the next few days and I'll be pleased to hear how you're all getting on.

Good luck!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CastAwayWolf

Sounds good, I'll be around and I'm a night owl!

The boards are sort of like a mini AA meeting and I've found them to be helpful.

I'm 12 days sober after a 3 or 4 month bender and I like to read so I'll be around about this time the next few nights. Plan to go to a noon meeting tomorrow and maybe dinner and shopping out with my family in the evening.

Regards...
Old 02-01-2013, 12:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is my first sober Friday night in a looooooooong time. I'm home alone, and my daughter is in bed asleep. I would usually use this time to get wasted. I'm a little anxious... Ok, I lied... A LOT anxious!!! I really did not prepare well enough for this *cries*
Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ive been super anxious tonight too. Ive been doing situps every time I start feeling like pulling out my hair and screaming. Id be down for playing a video game if anyone wants to.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Day 517 here , I'll pass thro' now and then if thats ok, say hi and offer any support i can . You can do this ,

Bestwishes, M
Old 02-01-2013, 03:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have a sneaking suspicion this weekend is going to be more challenging than the last. My AV has been quite active the last couple days. It's been making a lot of noise and not letting me get comfortable and I feel like I have a thirst I can't quench. I don't think I can last in a room full of drinkers like I did last Saturday so I am going to try and lay low this weekend... maybe choose this weekend to start working out again.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

I am on board!

I did not see this thread and started another weekend check in. Oh well. Can never have to much support.

I plan on taking time for me this weekend. Read. Cook. Relax.

K
Old 02-01-2013, 04:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good to have so many people on the team! Should be someone to share with even in the wee small hours. Many times, I just used to long for the end of work on Friday so I could go and get smashed but then the whole weekend disappeared somehow. Even if there are moments when I feel bored or anxious, at least the weekend will be passing in "real time" and if I plan it carefully, I should be able to get a lot of constructive things done. As I said, the main goal is to get to a few AA meetings but I know for some folk that can be difficult for practical reasons.

A special best wishes to you, RocketQueen because you say it'll be your first sober weekend in a long time. Just take it step-by-step and focus on getting to bed sober one day at a time. We're right here beside you.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
xuse

I'm with you tomorrow is 2weeks for me looking forward to a sober wing and dip filled Super Bowl.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Haha - same as Weasel, saw his post first and responded.

I've always been bi-post curious, so what the heck - I'm in!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good timing for a sober weekend plan as I always seem to feel squirely on Friday! I need to find some ways to relax over the weekend as I've been a big ball of stress and I can feel it in every inchof my body. My Friday evening will begin with an early counseling session and then out to dinner followed by checking in on the SR board and then falling asleep in front of the woodstove.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I asked a friend if I could hook up with some of her party friends in the summer and she said "You didn't make the best impression with my friends at my party when you turned up hammered, carried a wooden c*** around all night - flirted with the gay boys, tried to hit on my mates girlfriend in front of my mate; made a racist remark to my black girlfriend as everyone stopped and stared, made outrageous embarrassing comments that made everyone feel a bit uncomfortable oh and then to top it off as if I wasn't humiliated enough you got naked and walked through the living room where my friends were or weren't sleeping"

Did I really do that?!???!!!!??? Oh, please not again! I know it sounds sort of funny but it'll completely ruin my life if I act like that again. I won't get another chance.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Holy Moly endlesspatience!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Endless.... We all have shameful moments. They can eat you up. Please this weekend starting today... Now... Try to put them aside and focus on the now.

I hear everything you said and get how you must feel. But once you have been sober for a while people will come around... Or maybe just start fresh with new people.

You will get there.... But I encourage you to focus on your weekend.

Hope you don't mind me saying that.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Nonsensical.... I love that you can swing a bit! Woo hoooo!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:52 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Here I am!! Ready to hop on the sober train this weekend. Woot woot.

It'll be a tough weekend for me. I've always loved football and as you know, it's super bowl weekend......I even had a dream last night about watching the game with a beer in my hand. Eek.

It'll be OK though. I've got SR and plenty of other things to do other than drink. AA home group meeting tonight and speaker meetings both Saturday & Sunday.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. If we get into the right state of mind today (Friday) we'll be in a good position to get through the whole weekend. It's like putting on armour before battle.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Oh, jeeze, my boss just gave the whole office a 2-hour late arrival on Monday so "we can drink until the end of the Super Bowl".

Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Well I haven't had a drink in some years now...I'm looking at over 300 non-drinking weekends, but I love the weekend threads because I loooove the weekends!

So, today after work I'm heading to the tat shop to start planning my newest tattoo. Tomorrow I'm going to clean my house top to bottom and make a nice big dinner for my boys. Sunday is the local farmers market and the beach. If I am a real badass I will get up for the 7am run with the runner's club...we will see about that LOL
Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Happy to have a sober weekend! Love these threads.