Notices

Let's enjoy a sober weekend together

Old 02-01-2013, 10:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

OK. Got through Friday night OK without any real craving in fact. Saw a lot of drunk people as I was travelling home last night and flinched when I observed their behaviour, thinking how annoying I must have been when I acted that way. Anyway, got up early this morning and made a lovely breakfast. Going to read the Daily Reflection and my prayer book before I head off to language class this morning. Then I'll aim to go to AA at 6pm this evening and make a nice healthy supper for myself tonight.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks, Endless, for getting this weekend going---I really like the weekend threads! I am still in my first month so it is nice to have somewhere to check in and also encourage others. My hubby works weird hours so I am on my own quite a bit which is when I need to be a bit more careful. Wrapping up Friday now. Feeling kind of guilty because I blew off going to my dance fitness class which is how I usually like to start the weekend. But going to the gym tomorrow followed by a birthday party. Hosting a Super Bowl party on Sunday and Monday is my chill day. Surrounding myself with positive and supportive people. Thinking I am going to venture to an AA meeting on Monday. It has been a LONG time since I find my way into one of those and I think it is time. Happy weekend everyone!!!!!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:09 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Well I've made my first friday night in years. I'm going for saturday night tonite
Old 02-02-2013, 12:19 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Endlesspatience, FANTASTIC idea!!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey Tomb. That's a great achievement. Well done. It really is a good feeling to wake up on a weekend or a Monday morning with a clear head and a proper recollection of what you did the night before. What's your plan to get through Saturday night? You can always post here and tell us how it's going.

Melacole. Seems like things are working out well for you, too. You Ok about that Super Bowl party tomorrow? How are you going to handle it if there's a lot of booze about?

Sounds like a good plan to get to AA on Monday. Do you think you could get to a meeting before then; say, after your gym session on Friday?
Old 02-03-2013, 05:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

OK guys it's Sunday afternoon here and I've made it so far. What about you? Still sober? Facing any challenges?
Old 02-03-2013, 06:03 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by endlesspatience View Post
OK guys it's Sunday afternoon here and I've made it so far. What about you? Still sober? Facing any challenges?
Sober, child free and typing one handed whilst noshing a monster of a BLT sarnie

What language are you studying endless?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:17 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey Tomb. That's a great achievement. Well done. It really is a good feeling to wake up on a weekend or a Monday morning with a clear head and a proper recollection of what you did the night before. What's your plan to get through Saturday night? You can always post here and tell us how it's going.

Melacole. Seems like things are working out well for you, too. You Ok about that Super Bowl party tomorrow? How are you going to handle it if there's a lot of booze about?

Sounds like a good plan to get to AA on Monday. Do you think you could get to a meeting before then; say, after your gym session on Friday?

Wow...this weekend got so busy I passed out last night after cleaning and cooking....to wake up to cooking and cleaning. We had a very large group over for Super Bowl, so it was a non-issue for me. My dangerous time is when I am on my own. We do not keep alcohol in the house and don't supply it. People can bring it over but must take all of it with them when they leave. I made one chili that called for beer, but I used beef broth instead because I figured it was best to avoid all temptation. I had my carbonated water in hand all day. Now settling down with some tea and my iPad and catching up on how everyone is doing. I love that tomorrow I will wake up hangover free and can get stuff done. AA meeting and counseling appointment should finish things up rather nicely.

Hope this finds everyone well as Sunday draws to a close and the weekend wraps up!!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 10:48 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hooray! It's Monday morning and I made it through another whole weekend sober! I am so happy about that. My mood is really good as a result of that success. Shall we do it again next weekend, friends?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:57 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hooray! It's Monday morning and I made it through another whole weekend sober! I am so happy about that. My mood is really good as a result of that success. Shall we do it again next weekend, friends?
Yay!! Happy Monday!!! I still have an hour or so left in my Sunday Yes, let's do it again next weekend!!!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Well done, Melacole. I know it's early days for you, too. It's great we've had a clean weekend. Somehow for me, the weekdays aren't too bad but the weekends are when I tend to lose my sanity. Not this weekend, though. Hooray!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I didn't just make it through this weekend, I accelerated through it. I feel so good I'd pay $10 for a headache.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:19 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Nonsensical... Sound like a pink cloud is hovering. Are you familiar with the term?