Notices

Another binge...

Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

YvRGuy---Well Ive been to two meetings before. That was over a month ago. They were both speaker meetings because I am uncomfortable to go to a discussion meeting and talk, but I am sure talking would help. I know I need to step up and go to one soon! The website helps a lot and working out does also. I have worked out while i was actively drinking and it always felt horrible. Today made me remember when it felt good. I have put on 15 pound since i started drinking a lot. So I think making sure I workout a lot will be motivation. Plus I have a half marathon in April I need to get ready for which my binges have given me great set backs. Not sure what else to do. I am going to stay away from people and places that make me want to drink

Gforce- no worries, you are right about coming out to my family. I would feel so much better but I still am not ready. I think I want to get this under control before I find a way I am comfortable coming out. Yes it all is very sad that people are not accepting. I believe my family would accept me. I am the problem. I need to accept me. I am not sure how to do that yet, but I believe putting down the drink will help me figure that out.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:46 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Ok almost on 24 hours....The high i was on before is def coming down. I am so exahasted and even under my eyes hurt.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:59 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Good for you...you're almost through day 1. Can you take a nice shower or bath, have a little snack and try for some rest? You're going to wake up tomorrow, so happy you didn't drink today!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:07 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Tomorrow morning is a new day, get off to a positive start and keep your mind on sobriety! Good luck.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:12 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Hi wino. Well, that's exactly why I had to give it up all together. I had too many sessions like the one you described. Every time I picked up it led me to feeling that way. The only answer was to stop completely and not pretend willpower would save me from going on a binge.
My story exactly, Hevyn. I can't give myself the option of drinking AT ALL. I kidded myself for years that I could. Even the "one day at a time" doesn't work for me - although I know it works for a lot of people.

Hang in there, Wino, and keep reaching out for support, here and in any other ways available to you.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:24 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Thank you...still at work....I am going to go home soon....walk the dog...have sleepy tea...take a hot shower and sleep.....I just hope I will sleep
Old 02-07-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good Morning,
Today is a new day You might not have slept well last night, but sleep will come. Think about something special you'd enjoy today.....a walk, an ice cream cone.....a nap
Old 02-07-2013, 07:44 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Well I got to 26 hours around 3 am...and I was up and my body exhausted... I. Kept getting jerked awake and that gave me anxiety so I had a shot of vodka..then again at 515...ugh I'm disappointed in myself. I do feel like this is progress...I need to get past the night part...I did not have so much trouble sleeping last time and that was about a month ago....I feel like if I can get passed the first night I'll be OK....I have no urge to drink
Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

From what I've read here, the effects of relapse become worse each time, which is why you might be having more trouble than a month ago.....but it WILL pass and you WILL sleep again

Why not get rid of the vodka so it's not so convenient?
Old 02-08-2013, 07:12 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Finally slept..on my official day two!