Notices

Made an appointment with a psychiatrist

Old 01-31-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made an appointment with a psychiatrist

Ok, I have finally decided to reach for help. I keep going sober (or better said - dry) for some time, but always relapsed. So today I picked my phone and called . What amazes and irritates me is I was holding a phone in my hand for 15 minutes and was unable to dial. When dialed, I hoped no one will respond. How sick is that? I want help, but I barely talked myself into not calling. What is the problem, and why I'm so restless and anxious right now?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It can be really hard to ask for help! I still have trouble with it, but I know I can't do it alone.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Alcohol does not loosen it grip without a fight. Asking for help is the last thing that your addiction wants you to consider. Stay strong and know your fear is your addiction having a temper tantrum. Make a plan then follow through on it regardless of what your addiction is telling you. I believe all alcoholics have two people that live in their brains. The alcoholic and the sober person. At the beginning the alcoholic wins far too many battles but over time your sober side will be in the drivers seat. Each day you stay sober you become just a little bit stronger and the alcoholic a little bit weaker