Notices

Yearly Physical done..Is that enough?

Old 01-31-2013, 05:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yearly Physical done..Is that enough?

Recently I have done my yearly checkup. I told my dr about my alcohol use and recent ER visit. though he heard what I said, but didn't dig/discuss much about it. He just mentioned that he will get ER test results to make sure. After that I gave blood and other test like BP etc.

Is that enough? dr did not order any more tests. Do we need to ask for any specific test or this is normal?? I am not sure if any specific test recommended for alcohol users?? is there any?? do we need to ask them specifically or dr will do them if needed??

Thanks for advice and suggestions

and good luck, happy recovery, sobriety to all

finalquit100
Old 01-31-2013, 06:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

We can't give medical advice.

If you have health questions or questions about your care, direct them to your doctor. If you want a second opinion, get one.

You got a recovery question...ask away.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You should call your doctor and ask specific questions (most likely you will have to leave a message if he does not offer you email options). Address your concerns and tell him/her your worry.

sometimes if everything is normal from your ER visit bloodwork, they just don't get back to you, (no news is good news) right away. you also have a right to request copies of the bloodwork that was done.

your doctor may ask you to repeat bloodwork in 3 months to see if there are any significant changes.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just tell the doctor you are an alcoholic and are concerned about your liver and other organs. He will take it from there. Or she.