Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself, and hope to find support.

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello I am new to this site "sort of" I was on this site about 5 yrs ago when I thought I was ready to turn my life around, it lasted only a few months & by that summer I was back to my old ways. Well my life has truly done nothing but spiraled out of control since. I have sought professional help. I checked myself into a hospital treatment center when I spent 7 days in patient. I then began out patient 4 days a week 2 days after. I know this is a journey but I am only 16 days sober & I feel so overwhelmed because of all the outside world stuff crashing in on me at the same time. I was really looking for a positive support system to learn/vent/Pray/Find some solace in the fact that I can somehow come out of this dark place & there is a reason to carry on.
Look forward to hearing & learning of others stories, lessons, dreams.

Blessed Day everyone.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! It sounds like you're working hard to maintain your sobriety! You'll find a lot of experience, strength, and hope here!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome! Blessed day to you too.
This place is great......I highly recommend it
Dont be discouraged...many many success stories on here!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gal220 View Post
Welcome! It sounds like you're working hard to maintain your sobriety! You'll find a lot of experience, strength, and hope here!
Thankyou, I hope so, this time I have everything to fight for & I'm NOT afraid to be sober. I have every reason to fight for this. I just wished I wasn't going through a divorce & a custody battle at the same time & now the soon to be Ex is holding this over me, because I wanted the help. When he walked out on us over a yr ago. Now he wants custody of the kids. I Pray & listen to any help from my Higher power, and and who have sadly walked these same steps of alcoholism.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Windancer, can I ask have you been sober since 2007?
Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

WElcome. Looks like you have landed in the right spot. Great job taking the responsible route and seeking help. I'm sure the intense inpatient treatment was a great jumpstart.
Hang around a spell, read and post. by helping others you will find your helping yourself.
It's truly magical. blessed day to you!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by YouRmySunshine View Post
Thank you Windancer, can I ask have you been sober since 2007?
Funny you should ask that. Like you, I signed up on here years ago (too drunk at the time to remember I guess) and have only been active on here for the past several monthes, so I am in early recovery.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
Welcome! Blessed day to you too.
This place is great......I highly recommend it
Dont be discouraged...many many success stories on here!
Well welcome back to our new life too. I think I signed up here in 2008. after a DWI, cuz ya know that was "Going Miraculously cure me of my addiction!"
Old 01-30-2013, 10:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there Sunshine. Try your best to stay in the moment & not let life's circumstances overwhelm you. Have faith in you Higher Power to get through the next 24 hours...it's all you can do. I too tried this 8 years ago and did not give it my all....now I have to for survival and life. Almost 2 years sober and still working on the baggage that brought me here...with time all will work itself out...God Bless
Old 01-30-2013, 01:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome, Sunshine! I tried and failed many times. I drank for 30 yrs. and now have 5 sober. You do have to be ready, and it sounds like you are determined. Be proud for coming back here and wanting to reclaim your life. We know you can do it.

Congratulations on your 16 days sober. Early in recovery, reading and posting here really helped calm my anxiety. No one judged me - and everyone understood. Not like in my 'real' life. Keep talking to us - you can do this.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome (back) YouRmySunshine

D