Notices

New and help appreciated.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Kys

Thanks, and I've definitely got people I can check in with over the phone, and thankfully I live in a pretty populated area.

I had my sister over tonight just watching movies. And yes, I've done some planning around activities, and running is one of many!

Like I said though, being at home at night alone with my thoughts will be the biggest challenge. Hell, tonight I've even got all the windows up looking over the park just to remind myself that there's a world out there and it doesn't end in my head.

Sorry, I hope 'I won't drink' wasn't to blunt a statement, I don't mean to take anything away from anyone and there's every chance I won't succeed of course and I hope I'd still have the support here. But today, at the GP, it gave me a scare to be honest - put it all in to reality, the GP was serious in the way of considering supervised help and was very serious when speaking of checking in with people.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:31 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kys View Post
Sorry, I hope 'I won't drink' wasn't to blunt a statement.
You're not taking anything away from anyone else - this is your life, and your choice. So no need to apologise for a great decision

Glad there's people at least around for you.

(And I must try this so-called 'running' malarky for myself sometime. I'm sure I remember doing it before ... *thinks hard* ... yes, yes, at some distant time in the past, back when I was - dear lord - young. )

All the very best Kys
Old 01-31-2013, 05:53 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Kys

Running is amazing!

I failed tonight however. I'm taking other medication (nothing related to addiction) and needed to wait 24hrs before I can start the medication for this - I allowed myself that time to drink before I could start properly blah / it's the 1st tomorrow blah.

Might sound familiar.

I won't disrespect this forum and write while drinking so I will go for tonight. I've got my mother of all people coming over tomorrow night to have a TV series marathon. Ha that must sound strange but I need someone to delay/help distract and my typical mother is more than happy to come and spend time.

Sorry guys, but I will do this. I hope I can come back here tomorrow night/afternoon and update on my progress. All of your input has been more invaluable than anything else I've tried and despite everything I've taken a step forward in coming here and going to the doctors, I feel.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Kys

Day 1 complete!

I made it through the first day/night! I'm in bed right now, the liquor store closed 5 minutes ago.

I can't even recall the last night I haven't drunk alcohol.

I'll admit that fighting the boredom so to speak will prove difficult over the coming days/weeks/months - I need to make sure I'm prepared for this.

THANK YOU to everyone who has been posting on my post and I hope to get your insight still as I will continue to reply.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:17 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you will stick around.

Do something to reinforce your sobriety every single day.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Kys

I will.

And I hope you guys aren't sick of me posting!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by Kys View Post
I'll admit that fighting the boredom so to speak will prove difficult over the coming days/weeks/months - I need to make sure I'm prepared for this.
When you see an "old timer" ask a newcomer, "What is your plan?" this is what we are taking about. Having something in place to prepare you for the boredom, cravings, situations that trigger emotional reactions that lead to drinking, etc. A plan.

Quitting drinking isn't a plan. It's just step 1 of a plan.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Kys

Made it through day 2!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:54 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Kys

I just wrote a new thread in this same forum, taking my hat off to all you guys and going in to a bit more detail.