Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

silly things I did while using so others wouldn't know- or so I thought

Notices

silly things I did while using so others wouldn't know- or so I thought

Old 02-12-2013, 03:28 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Brilliant post! I'm fairly new to this site and am finally facing up to fact I'm an alcoholic. I have spent the last week reading posts, hoping maybe I might not be. Now I know I am, as I can relate to all the stories. The hiding empty and full bottles, stocking up pre storm, spreading my wine purchases over few shops etc became became the norm. I was fine buying my wine at one store nightly, until the cashier called me "one of her regulars". I was shocked and mortified and then began the store hopping. (never did go back to that store). I would make my mother a cup of tea when she visited and pour wine into my teacup! Sheer madness. Only day 4 for me. This post helping me refrain from booze! As posted above, exhausting work!
Old 02-12-2013, 04:24 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Love this post! I did about 75% of the things mentioned here (never tried distilling, however). I used to consume so many cough drops to hide my breath that people must have thought I had a permanent case of laryngitis. I also used the migraine excuse for years to hide my hangovers. I had a headache alright but I have never had a migraine in my life. Also did the travel bottles full of vodka because I couldn't imagine being somewhere that I couldn't get my fix. Needless to say, I have sneaked booze into countries where possession is basically punishable by death. That was some serious dedication on my part, looking back at it now!