Notices

The Big 100 is here

Old 01-29-2013, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Big 100 is here

Today is my 100th day sober and I feel great. Just back from my weekly therapy and looking forward to busy and sober rest of the day. This is the longest I have gone without a drink since I was pregnant with my son over 13 years ago. So this is a pretty big achievement for me. Next up will be hitting day 122 as that will be 1/3 of a year. It can be done one day at a time.

I personally have a wall of inspiration that has each month of the calender printed out as well as several cards of hope & support and my goals from therapy and a picture of me in the center. As each sober day ends I write the day in the box and cross it over in hi lighter. This keeps me motivated and also gives me something to look forward to each night and that is the achievement of another day sober.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

wonderful news! you should be proud of yourself.

keep doing what you've been doing.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations! X
Old 01-29-2013, 10:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks I am very happy to see the triple digits. I think I might just get myself a small present to congratulate myself.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

CONGRATS! That's wonderful!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Go for it! get Something good. Just think how much money you have saved over the last 100 days not drinking. No cheaping out. You deserve it. 100 days is so awesome! I cant wait to be able to say the same thing, so for today your my insperation to stay quit. Thanks and congrats!!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Congrats on triple digits!! It really is one day at a time.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Congrats on another landmark in your journey
Old 01-29-2013, 12:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by member72 View Post
Go for it! get Something good. Just think how much money you have saved over the last 100 days not drinking. No cheaping out. You deserve it. 100 days is so awesome! I cant wait to be able to say the same thing, so for today your my insperation to stay quit. Thanks and congrats!!
Funny you should mention that as I bring that up every now and again at meetings. So i estimate that as of today I have saved at least 1000.00. Guess that means I get a really nice present.

I think we all inspire each other. The support I have received from everywhere has been wonderful and has made a huge difference in my recovery.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Great job, AngelBabe. We're so proud of you.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congratulations to you, AngelBabe!

I loved reading how you are going about your sobriety and your mindset with it! We do a couple of similar.

I am coming up to 100 days (95 today), and I to have the calendar pages with each day sober highlighted too. It is the best feeling and so satisfying "ticking" another day off!

Keep up the hard work, you are doing great.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations AngelBabe

D
Old 01-29-2013, 05:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by closetoruin View Post
Congratulations to you, AngelBabe!

I loved reading how you are going about your sobriety and your mindset with it! We do a couple of similar.

I am coming up to 100 days (95 today), and I to have the calendar pages with each day sober highlighted too. It is the best feeling and so satisfying "ticking" another day off!

Keep up the hard work, you are doing great.
It is really quite motivating isn't it? I always wait until I am home for the night before I mark off the day. I guess I do it that way so I am not taking any chances on messing up. The best feeling is seeing the month get filled up and then moving to the next one. I started with October, November & December. I then taped over at the tops of these three months with January, February and March. Anything I find that inspires me goes on the wall. It is my reminder to myself of not only what my life is worth but it gives me pride in my achievements and reminds me of the journey yet to come.

I carry my AA coins in my purse so they go with me everywhere I go. I was so happy to get my three month chip last Thursday and just as proud to show it to my Sunday group. I keep them in a small coin purse inside one of the pockets in my purse. A man that sat next to me on Sunday evening had his one month coin in his hand that he showed us all after I had shown mine. He said it was the reminder of his journey and that he holds that coin all day long flipping it back and forth in his hand as a reminder to stay sober.

I hope that everyone finds something that will help them along the way no matter how insignificant or silly it may seem. It is a time of celebration and moving forward with life and leaving the past where it belongs, behind us.

P.S. Great job on day 95. You have three months under your belt and are rounding the corner to the next one. Doesn't feel great to get your life back? I plan on making mine better than it has ever been.