Notices

Here we go...

Old 01-27-2013, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go...

I stumbled upon this site while looking for ways to kick my alcohol addiction. I'm 27 years old and a father of 3 kids that I love dearly and want to provide the best possible life for. I've been drinking pretty much every night for the last couple years and honestly since the time I turned 18 I've drank too frequently. I usually drink between 4-6 beers a night during the week and 8-12 on weekends. While my wife has never said anything to me and it doesn't effect my job it's clearly an issue.

For the longest time I didn't think it was a problem because I very very rarely exceeded those number of drinks so I was never hungover or felt like crap. However, 2 months ago I was transferred back to my home state by work and had to move in with my parents because we are still stuck in our rental lease down south. Since moving in with them I've been constantly trying to find ways to sneak my beers inside without being noticed. I started thinking if I'm hiding my alcohol consumption it's a problem and after trying the whole slow down thing last week (went horrible) realized I need to just quit. So I'm on day 1, laying next to my beautiful 4 month old sleeping daughter, and ready to be sober. Hopefully I'll update this post every night when I lay in bed after another sober day.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Thomas

I think you're right - when we have to start hiding, that's a red flag...

there's a ton of support here - great to have you join us

D
Old 01-27-2013, 08:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, I am on Day 1 also and it feels good so far! Best of luck!
Old 01-27-2013, 09:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
xuse

Welcome